Community Forum

Price changed despite being told it would not

New Poster

Price changed despite being told it would not

At the end of last year (December) I was canceling my TV service and switching to internet only. I initially tried this via chat but was told to call the Customer Loyalty Team. When I did I explained the situation and was told that my bill would be $87 a month for 200mbps service. The person on the phone then paused and asked me to hold on a minute. They came back and said "Sorry I just wanted to check that this package was not changing price next month as some of our pricing is changing. This package is not". This stuck out to me as it was a very courteous thing to do. Other people would say the current rate and let the upcoming price change be a surprise. However of course they were wrong and my bills since have been $93. When I tried the support chat they basically said "Oh well, its $93" and told me to call the Customer Loyalty Team to check for a better rate. The same team that messed up the last time. It's not a huge difference, but that is about a 7% increase within a month of being told it wasn't changing. Add on top of that, a new customer could get 400mpbs for $80. So now I'm paying over 16% more than a new person and getting half of the service.

Why am I told one rate then charged another? Why am I paying more as an existing loyal customer for years than a new person? If I cancel everything today and sign up tomorrow am I a new customer that gets the new better rates?

Expert

Re: Price changed despite being told it would not

wrote:

At the end of last year (December) I was canceling my TV service and switching to internet only. I initially tried this via chat but was told to call the Customer Loyalty Team. When I did I explained the situation and was told that my bill would be $87 a month for 200mbps service. The person on the phone then paused and asked me to hold on a minute. They came back and said "Sorry I just wanted to check that this package was not changing price next month as some of our pricing is changing. This package is not". This stuck out to me as it was a very courteous thing to do. Other people would say the current rate and let the upcoming price change be a surprise. However of course they were wrong and my bills since have been $93. When I tried the support chat they basically said "Oh well, its $93" and told me to call the Customer Loyalty Team to check for a better rate. The same team that messed up the last time. It's not a huge difference, but that is about a 7% increase within a month of being told it wasn't changing. Add on top of that, a new customer could get 400mpbs for $80. So now I'm paying over 16% more than a new person and getting half of the service.

Why am I told one rate then charged another? Why am I paying more as an existing loyal customer for years than a new person? If I cancel everything today and sign up tomorrow am I a new customer that gets the new better rates?

Did the package increase, or was there an increase in fees and taxes?  Fees and taxes are not included in the package.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Price changed despite being told it would not

Hello @jhample. We apologize for any miscommunication or confusion. I can assist with reviewing your account for any additional savings that may be available. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you.