Community Forum

Previous tenant debt is affecting me

Regular Visitor

Previous tenant debt is affecting me

Skip all the friendly introductions, this has been going on for about two months.<br>I recently moved to a new apartment on December 19th, in the first week of January 2018. Decided to open a new account with Comcast, which may turn out to be a terrible mistake. <br><br>I showed them my lease, utilities bills and all that other stuff. Fast forward to later on that day, and I cant activate my service because the previous tenant left a debt. So the apartment connection was blocked, and which they felt the need to try and charge me sixty dollars. <br><br>To which I complained and told them heck no, you put that block there not me. Other buyers beware comcast will try you for more money. So I was extremely frustrated and bills had to be paid. I decided to try next month on the ninth. <br><br>Brought my information and the lady removed the block which sounded god to hear. My naive heart jumped for joy, but remember this is comcast...... <br>I get home the following day to install my internet, everything is hooked up. However no service,i tired not once, not twice not thrice(or whatever) and still no internet. <br><br>No connection I paid my one hundred dollar deposit and everything only to have no service. As I call and call over the past few days. To my surprise I find out YOU CONARTISTS STILL HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH THE PREVIOUS TENANTS. They not only tell me there is still a debt, that I must call a number to get it removed. <br><br>I called this number ten times yes ten and not a single response from the man. The email address for the collections is invalid, so I'm left with a bill for fifty bucks and a useless internet connection. Also this man is part of your collection team because of the @comcast.com. Which I can't understand why you can't put me through to him? <br><br>I don't know if your company is the gateway to the underworld(cause your little bot won't let me curse you out) , but you won't be dragging me down. If this issue isn't settled by the end of next week. I will be canceling my service and requesting my money back for service I can't even use. <br><br>So what is going on comcast.......? <br>
Expert

Re: Previous tenant debt is affecting me

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

@Dream0313

Sorry to hear about the experience you're having trying to get this block removed. I can help you get this taken care of. Since I will need to gather some sensitive information that shouldn't be shared in a public thread can you please reach out in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services and we can start there.

Regular Visitor

I still have no internet and somehow my service has been canceled upon my request. I haven't used your service at all AND YOU ALL STILL TOOK MY DEPOSIT SO YOU ALL HAVE CONNED ME OUT OF 100 DOLLARS.
THE SERVICE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED THIS WEEK BY GETTING IN CONTACT WITH THE DEBT COLLECTOR!

WHO I tired calling back after he called me give me my service and money back. I've been without internet since you all supposedly set the service up!!

Expert

Did you respond to @ComcastChe

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Yes I did gave my lease, utility bill, and proof of ID.
Official Employee

Hi Dream0313, 

I provided the documents you sent me to the collections department. At this time, we are still waiting for an update which is why I haven't reached out to provide one. I apologize for the miscommunication on my end. I am going to reach out to see if I can get any more information an will be in touch soon.