Community Forum

Preventing "You no longer have Xfinity service" message prior to new apartment move this month?

Highlighted
New Poster

Preventing "You no longer have Xfinity service" message prior to new apartment move this month?

Hello there. I am in the process of moving to a new apartment at the end of this month, and I have been receiving mail from the previous tenant (Xfinity bill included), and based on previous questions/responses regarding this, it appears this person hasn't paid their bill for the address I am moving into. Alot of people recieve the "You no longer have Xfinity service" message due to a non-payment (e.g. previous tenant hasn't paid), and I was wondering if there is a way to get this situation cleared up before I move into my new place?

I already have setup up the move/transfer date (along with receiving the new account number), and will be doing a self-install myself, but I would like to make sure I have a smooth installation, and not having my services shut off/error out due to the previous tenant's failure to pay their bill. I would go in to an Xfinity store myself to provide proof of new residence, but with Covid-19, it appears all stores are closed until further notice, and it seems to be impossible to get through to a live person by phone right now.

Any help and info is appreciated. I need to have my new transferred services up and running again with no issues, as I will be working from home for the next two months. Thank you.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Preventing "You no longer have Xfinity service" message prior to new apartment move th

Bumping up again. My move date is getting closer, and I'm starting to get nervous about my services being shut off (due to previous tenant's failure to pay their bill), and I need it in order to work from home for the next two months. May I please have help in getting my account looked into to prevent this from happening? Thank you.