Community Forum

Praise for Support

New Poster

Praise for Support

I had no dial tone on newly installed triple play.  I followed all the recommendations to solve this problem myself with no success.  I read dozens of posts about this common problem and some indicated how bad the rep/support was.   I must disagree.  I would like to be able to rate the support I received at 5 stars but there was no opportunity to provide a review after the tech support.  The tech that called me was Marsha from Pittsburgh.  She couldn't have been more professional, helpful, non-judgemental, or personable.  She did not follow a script on things to have me try.  She listened to my description of the problem and everything I had tried to resolve no dial tone.  She worked persistently for almost an hour getting my dial tone back.  I followed her directions; watched lights on the modem; performed some resets.  In the end, she discovered deep inside the setup that something had not been set properly - I forget the word she used.  I own my own router and never once did she blame my equipment as I was worried would happen.  She never talked down to me.  She chatted with me about various things while we waited repeatedly for equipment to reset.  I am extremely happy and satisfied with the expert support I received for my problem of no dial tone.