Community Forum

Power Surge

Frequent Visitor

Power Surge

Approximately 2 weeks ago i had a power outage in my home. The wall in my kids room started smoking and the outlets started exploding and appliances started to burn out. Luckily my kids were home and informed me of what was happening we had to break a wall to pour water because a fire was getting started . We had no clue what was going on. All of a sudden the dish washer burned out light bulbs started exploding my electrical bed went out and several other things as well and what scared me the most is that if this would of happened while we were sleeping or not home we would be homeless or all dead because the house was going to catch fire. I called my electricity company and they came to check what the problem was and they checked they found xfinity/Comcast wiring running through our ground cables and power cables and destroyed them which is what caused all the damages. I have called and spoken to numerous amount of people through xfinity and i get the run arounds get hung up on or keep transferring me to people that can’t help me. Now i have thousands of dollars in repairs to have an electric come and run new ground wires and break our concrete and dig so pretty much redo it all and most likely redo the concrete again. I’ve been stressing so much i has to pay 310 dollars for electricity company to place a bypass for 30 days to buy is time to get it all fixed. Still haven’t seen a xfinity employee stop by to confirm it is their cable that ruined my power cables. I can’t seem to have no one help. Mind you I’m a customer since 2011 they have tickets to come out and i called to make sure and they keep telling me they have a ticket for repairs because my cable and WiFi doesn’t work never did i say that. What should i do??? I only have 1 week before my bypass gets taken out and i live in Houston it’s super hot and i have 5 kids to be with no power. Someone is responsible for all the damages and it’s not me. Where do i go from here ? Should i report to news or get a lawyer and maybe i Can be heard ? Can anyone guide me? I’ve tried everything and called so many times and nothing works.
B604A19E-15E9-4972-AF7F-F0E58FA293BD.jpeg
Expert

Re: Power Surge

Hi @Yp1,

Oh boy. Glad everyone is okay!

I've asked a Corporate Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Admin1

Hi Yp1 -- First and foremost we're glad to hear you're alright and that no personal injury came to your or any family member. I can help get a proper damage claim submitted for you. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either account number or linked phone number. I'll get this over to our claims department right away so we can conduct a thorough investigation.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Everything that was said to me on this forum seemed to be a lie. A Comcast employee is here in my home now and has no clue on what’s going on he said he was sent to put a ground wire. Obviously he is not aware of what is going on at all he said he was leaving because he can’t do anything else. Where is the person that is going to conduct the investigation and help me with the claim for damages ?
Admin1

Yp1 -- You were not lied to in any way. I received confirmation from our claims department that a claim was filed with Liberty Mutual. Liberty Mutual will be reaching out to you to continue this process. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It just really upsets me that the person that came to my house didn’t even check the wire that caused the damage and had no interest in hearing what i had to say. He pretty much just said i don’t know what you’re talking about while im showing him the wire that damaged my power lines and he said i can’t do anything and he left. I really appreciate you responding to me so quick. From what i read earlier you did mention to me about the service request for today. So what was the purpose of this guy coming to my house and telling me he knows nothing ? He could of at least confirm that it is a Comcast wire that caused the damage. It’s just really frustrating because it’s been ongoing for 2 weeks. But if you say Liberty Mutual will contact me i will wait for that call because i only have one week before the light company removes the bypass and i will have no power for god knows how long. I don’t want to take things to the extreme because it’s veey simple if Comcast damaged it it’s just fair that they are liable for damages and repairs.
Admin1

Yp1 -- The tech who was there was there to assess the damage to make a report. As there is an open claim the tech cannot confirm with you where the fault lies, even if the fault does not lie with us. Liberty Mutual will deliver that information to you once the investigation results are determined. We understand this is a very frustrating situation as you're looking for answers and to get things fixed. Liberty Mutual will handle this as quickly as they can so that you can get things moving forward one way or another. 

Frequent Visitor

Ok sounds good.
Just FYI the tech didn’t assess anything or checked anything at all nor the damages or even bothered looking where the issue started. He just stated he was there to install a ground cable. And he had no idea what i was talking about. But if that’s the way they handle it by acting that way i just hope he did check at one point.
Thanks again
Admin1

Yp1 -- You're welcome. Please do let us know if you do not hear from Liberty Mutual this week. We will help you make contact with them. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you .. i will do so
You have been lots of help.