Community Forum

Possibility of extending promotional rate?

New Poster

Possibility of extending promotional rate?

Hello,

I am hoping that a Comcast CSR here can help me. My promotional rate is ending soon, and the new rate is much more expensive than other possibilities in my area, so I need to cancel my service if I can't extend the promotional rate. Knowing that my rate would expire soon, I contacted customer service by chat, who assured me that if I called Comcast on the date of expiration they could extend my rate. I just called today, and they insisted that the lowest promotional rate was about $20 more than my current rate, and that was the best he could offer. I asked to speak to someone else, and he told me that his department (Customer Support) is responsible for Customer Retention as well, and there is no one with access to other rates. I don't know if he was lying or just mistaken, but I know that both of these are untrue, because I checked with my neighbor's address (in the same building) and found that my old rate is still being offered as a promotion, and I've seen a specific Customer Retention department mentioned here. 

Is there a number that I can call or a way to convince the CSRs that initiate the call to forward me to Customer Retention, even when they insist that it doesn't exist? I'm happy with my Comcast service but the new rate is unaffordable for me so I will have to cancel otherwise.

Official Employee

Re: Possibility of extending promotional rate?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.