Community Forum

Poorly traineed sales people

New Poster

Poorly traineed sales people

We had an outstanding bill with comcast from past services, we calleed to see how much the bill was and to see about payment options to get the old bill cleared, and get service set up again. We asked specificaly if we could get the remaining balance split up into payments addeed to our new billing. The person we were speaking to said that would be no problem, and signed us up for the new service, he asked when we would like to have a person out to set up the equipment, we told him we could set it up ourselves. He then told us it would be a day maybe a few days for the eequipment to arrivee, we asked it we could just drive to our local office and pick it up. He said that would be fine. We went and got the equipment and set it all up. The following day we recieved a box of equipmeent by UPS, which we took into the office and turned in because we were already set up, and figured it was a simple misunderstanding when he sent it to us. But then just last night we were looking at the account info on the TV, and noticed that the billing date was set for a day before we have any money going into our account. We already figured we were paying the billing for the new service, and also a payment on the old bill, we could not afford to pay a bank overdraft fee as well (we had requested automatic billing). So today we called to see about getting the billing date adjusted so the bill would come AFTER the money was going to be there to pay the bill. NOW this is where the really upsetting part comes in... The customer service person we got today told us we had a 30 day window in which to pay off the old bill, or we would be loosing our service, as the old bill had gone to collections, and could not be broken down into payments added to our neew billing. Had the first representative told us this, we would have waited to get service turned on until after the old bill was paid off. But we have a fixxeed income, and were barely going to be able to get by with the arrangement we thought we had reached, there is no way we can come up with the money to pay the old bill in its entirety, as well as the current billing in a single month . So we told him that if wee had to pay the old bill as well as the new one completeely off in one months time, that we just couldn't do it, so he may as well turn our service off now. Now we have no service, we signed up for a one year contract, and will be getting another bill for the remaining 11 and a half months being canceled (I think they call it an early termination fee). It all could have been avoided if that first represeetative had said, you should get the old bill paid off before getting new service, we would have been happy to wait another month or two to get service if it ment avoiding this kind of rip off salesmanship.

Official Employee

Re: Poorly traineed sales people

Hi gmajennie, 

I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had while trying to get this taken care of. I would like to review both the old and new account to see what I can do to help make this right. Although I will not be able to make any changes to your old account or charges, I would like to review your new account to determine if it was canceled within 30 days of install to ensure you are not billed for any ETF's on the new account. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.