Community Forum

Poor resolution skills

Highlighted
New Poster

Poor resolution skills

I just recently went 9 days without internet service. This is unacceptable. There was an issue with a pole which caused an outage at my house. Just my internet. Nothing else was effected. Meaning the electric never went out. Contacted your company on the 4th of November. Was told a tech would be out. Never saw one. Called for the next 3 days and was promised the same. 4th day I called (notice the pattern) and was told theres a issue with the pole nothing you can do but wait for power company. I asked if there was a date for the power company and was told I need to call them and see. Again, I have to keep doing something. I refused and waited. No follow up no call from Comcast. Called 2 days ago and Wilfredo sent out a tech after once again telling me to call the power company it could take a year it's up to them. I refused again and he got me a tech out. Today my service is now on. They offered me a $33.00 credit. I was insulted. I believe after all of this I deserve a month credit of service. If not, please explain to me how a company this large isn't able to take full responsibility for their actions? Make things right Comcast and let's continue to do good business.
Expert

Re: Poor resolution skills

@Jwood7410 wrote:
I just recently went 9 days without internet service. This is unacceptable. There was an issue with a pole which caused an outage at my house. Just my internet. Nothing else was effected. Meaning the electric never went out. Contacted your company on the 4th of November. Was told a tech would be out. Never saw one. Called for the next 3 days and was promised the same. 4th day I called (notice the pattern) and was told theres a issue with the pole nothing you can do but wait for power company. I asked if there was a date for the power company and was told I need to call them and see. Again, I have to keep doing something. I refused and waited. No follow up no call from Comcast. Called 2 days ago and Wilfredo sent out a tech after once again telling me to call the power company it could take a year it's up to them. I refused again and he got me a tech out. Today my service is now on. They offered me a $33.00 credit. I was insulted. I believe after all of this I deserve a month credit of service. If not, please explain to me how a company this large isn't able to take full responsibility for their actions? Make things right Comcast and let's continue to do good business.

They won't give you a month credit.  They will only give you the prorated amount for the time you were without service.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

That's the problem. Thanks.
Official Employee

Hello, Jwood7410. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I'm glad to hear your services have been returned at this point. As Again had mentioned, the extent of credit we provide is equal to the amount you would have paid for service during the time you were without. If you still have any further questions or billing concerns, please let us know and I would be more than happy to assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!