Community Forum

Poor/incompetent service

New Poster

Poor/incompetent service

For the past 2 months, we have been trying to get someone from Xfinity out to our house to re-bury the cable running from the box outside to the house.  The cable is bright orange and was not buried deep enough so is coming up out of the ground, and could get cut by the lawnmower.  This should not be a difficult concept to grasp.  We made 3 appointments, no one showed up for any of them and there was no call or email with an explanation.  Today, we expected a supervisor, rather a technician showed up to "investigate noise on the line inside the house".  I have no idea how Xfinity can go from a cable outside needs to be buried back into the ground, to there's noise on the line inside the house.  I'm now looking at switching our cable to Verizon FIOS. 

Official Employee

Re: Poor/incompetent service

Hello MikeD1953, I am more than happy to help you get your orange cable buried. To get started, please send me a private message with your full name and account number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I received two or three emails drom Xfinity saying that they would install new buried line.  OK, good.  Ms Utility came a couple days ago and sprayed where power line is.  We paid $50 to hidden dog fence company to spray where buried dog fence is.  Yesterday three technicians showed up that couldn't understand English, ran a new line through the existing orange cable (which I didn't need), through l little dirt over it, sprinkled some grass seed they had in their pocket, and left after about 30 minutes.  I imagine in about a month the cable will be visible again.  Unbelievable.  Will still switch to FIOS.

Official Employee

@MikeD1953 wrote: I received two or three emails drom Xfinity saying that they would install new buried line.  OK, good.  Ms Utility came a couple days ago and sprayed where power line is.  We paid $50 to hidden dog fence company to spray where buried dog fence is.  Yesterday three technicians showed up that couldn't understand English, ran a new line through the existing orange cable (which I didn't need), through l little dirt over it, sprinkled some grass seed they had in their pocket, and left after about 30 minutes.  I imagine in about a month the cable will be visible again.  Unbelievable.  Will still switch to FIOS.

This is not the outcome that we want for you, please send me a private message by clicking on my name "ComcastAmir" and click "private message" provide your full name and account number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!