Community Forum

Poor Xfinity Service

New Poster

Poor Xfinity Service

*This is more of a rant of how poor I believe this service is since day one

This service has been a joke since the day the tech arrived at my house. Since day one I had issue with the tech refusing me to set everything upstairs and if want this set up upstairs I'm suppose to pay $60. The technician constantly refused and I have to pay?

When I was done shopping on the website I spoke with a rep on the phone and was informed that my deal was a 2 year contract. If there was going to be any sort of cancellation, there was going to be a fee and I was okay with that as I was not planning to cancel the service. Fast forward 12 months and the contract is over, Internet speed is lowered, and an increase in price. Coincidentally, I also passed the data cap and was charged an additional $10 from.

To get a similar speed from my previous contract (which no longer exists), I had to upgrade to cable and Internet. It was going to be a $30 difference which, I was slightly okay with it due to the fact that I was going to have "140+ channels". This cable service is a hideous joke. The standard quality is disgustingly poor. I cannot even read the small disclaimer notes at the bottom of the ads that are being broadcasted. I have absolutely no idea why xfinity provides the X1 HD Box to a contract that did not have HD in the first place.

Admin1

Re: Poor Xfinity Service

Hi Rules2Play -- I can help you with any service issues you've been having along with helping you with your account rates. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either account number or linked phone number. I'll help get any service issues corrected and go over available packages with you.

To clear some things up, when it came to the tech setting everything up upstairs there would be an associated charge if the tech has to create an additional outlet. That is what he would be referring to when saying you'd have to pay to have that done. You don't necessarily have to upgrade to a TV/Internet package to get higher Internet speeds but sometimes you get a better rate by doing that. All of our X1 boxes are HD capable so you get an X1 HD box regardless of what TV package you have. You're not required to pay for HD if you don't want HD though. You won't receive any HD services in that case. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.