Community Forum

Poor / Unprofessional outside installation

Highlighted
New Poster

Poor / Unprofessional outside installation

I just noticed that there is  cable runnng over my back fence down to a partially opened cable box. I assume that either someone is stealing cable or is a very unprofessional installation. Who do I contact to resolve this?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Poor / Unprofessional outside installation

Sounds like instead somebody is waiting for a drop to be buried and keeping it off the ground so it won’t get cut. It’s impossible to steal cable anymore, everything is encrypted

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

How long is a reasonable time for it to be completed?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

If it’s just another customer’s drop and depending on weather conditions, a couple of weeks to get buried. If it’s a mainline connection done by maintenance, could be longer

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Jeffr2019 wrote:

I just noticed that there is  cable runnng over my back fence down to a partially opened cable box. I assume that either someone is stealing cable or is a very unprofessional installation. Who do I contact to resolve this?

Hello, Jeffr2019! I'm glad you reached out to us here about the line running along your fence. There is likely already a request in place to have it buried, so please allow a few weeks for them to complete that work. If the line isn't taken care of shortly, let us know here and we can take a closer look at its status. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!