Community Forum

Poor Service

Regular Visitor

Poor Service

I have two accounts with Comcast and was trying to add a third. I went on the Comcast website to open another account without a problem and set up the free installation. I was told via email that I would get a phone call from Xfinity within 24 hours. I received a call 5 days later and was told that the time I had set up on line was only a "holding" place and they could not honor my appointment I had set up online.and would have to wait another week..

<edited for violating forum guidelines>

Valued Contributor

Re: Poor Service

Were you logged in to your account when you submitted this order?
Regular Visitor

I live in Ocean City NJ.

Regular Visitor

I was logged in. Recived an email from Xfinity saying they would contact me within 24 hours. Again it took 5 days and than they didn't honor the day nor time.

Official Employee

Hi @huskies14

Sorry for the experience you've had trying to start a new account. The process you described are the steps taken to transfer your service instead of starting a new account. If you have not had this taken care of, I can assist you in doing so.  

Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I appreciate the offer for assistance, but I cannot deal with Comcast. Whether or not, I asked for a transfer of service or new service, the email said I would be contacted within 24 hours and I wasn't.  Why would it matter to change the day and time of the appointment. Again I appreciate you reaching out, but it is simply to painful to deal with Comcast.

Official Employee

I understand. If you should happen to change your mind, we're here if you need us and would like to help make things better for you. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!