Community Forum

Poor Service not fixable told to go to another service

New Poster

Poor Service not fixable told to go to another service

The whole reason for having cable RV is for entertainment,  information,  relaxation and fun. Since june 2017, COMCAST/XFINITY have been a nightmare, with intermittent service that made watching TV impractical. We have been customers for over 20 years and deserve better.

It appears after 20 plus years of service Comcast has told me they cannot fix the problem that has plagued me for over 7 months and that I should find cable service elsewhere. We have been customers for over 20 years and deserve better.

Basically the problem is twofold, very poor service and billing. The problem consisted of intermittent service where the TV service would freeze up, tile up, snow up with no sound and sometimes no picture. This interruption would last for a few minutes to hours, with no useable service. When you understand that my wife has been in and out of hospital for 9 months and the periods she is home she is bedridden. The only entertainment was TV and that failed us constantly.

We reported this interruption of service many times, with visits by about 5+ technicians to fix the problem. Every attempt to fix the issue failed within a day or two and the interruptions returned. These interruption entailed days with no service or attempts to fix the issue by phone meaning my time lost of at least 45-to 60 minutes each time. As well as the many times waiting on a two hour window for a technician to arrive and another hour to fix the problem usually with no success.

I have spent too many hours attempting to fix this issue, more time than any Comcast client should ever have to use and then not receiving any success and ability to enjoy the service paid for.

Billing is outrageous with each invoice having errors that again take much of my valuable time to correct.  The last billing issue was mid December 2017. I received a very large bill, calling in the bill was reduced to about $280.00+ paid in full, although I disagreed I was just fed up and wanted to move on. This was basically finalized and I paid up my bill in full. In January I get a bill for $485.00, again incorrect and frustrating. How much valuable time must I spend to fix my bill with the added lack of service.

These last 3 days have been terrible. Wednesday I had the night off so decided to watch TV with my wife, service stopped, returned, sound off, tiling, program interrupted. Called spent an hour fixing by phone, changing cables checking connections and on and on. Finally fixed. Thursday night same issues except all the phone numbers provided and  I tried phone back, did not work nor was the comcast operator able to transfer for help. So again no useable TV.

The cost of Comcast TV is too high and no longer affordable. We watch the following shows only and no sports, 38,41,42,43, 69, 106, 252, 742 and that costs us $109 Your staff keeps adding services never request such as movies.

Compensation was really a joke, and although well intended, served no purpose to compensate for the lost service. Easy to explain, if I bought a car with 4 wheels from comcast for $100 and 1 wheel was broken and removed, Comcast would discount $25 for one wheel, but the car could not be driven. Received discounts but service still not available. Compensation was not in tune with lost service, annoyance, lost time and basically we could not watch TV, nor could my wife have some relaxing TV while being bedridden.

This has been a terrible ordeal and I am basically ending my service with COMCAST because it appears no one cares or able to fix this issue. I am now giving you COMCAST till 15th February 2018 and another week after that for testing at no charge from you to regain my confidence in your ability to provide the service I pay for. I will be sending a copy of this letter to the COMCAST BOD so that they can see what a terrible issue you have and after 7 months not able to rectify. If for any reason my service is interrupt or cut off I will not return.

It appears after 20 plus years of service Comcast has told me they cannot fix thje problem that has plaqued me for oyver 7 months and that I should find cable service elsewher.

The whole reason for having cable RV is for entertainment, information  relaxation and fun. Since April 2017, COMCAST/XFINITY have been a nightmare, with intermittent service the made watching TV impractical. We have been customers for over 20 years and deserve better.

Basically the problem is twofold, very poor service and billing. The service consisted of intermittent service where the TV service would freeze up, tile up, snow up with no sound and sometimes no picture. This interruption would last for a few minutes to hours, with no useable service. When you understand that my wife has been in and out of hospital for 9 months and the periods she is home she is bedridden. The only entertainment was TV and that failed us constantly.

We reported this interruption of service many times, with visits by about 5+ technicians to fix the problem. Every attempt to fix the issue failed within a day or two and the interruptions returned. These interruption entailed days with no service or attempts to fix the issue by phone meaning my time lost of at least 45-to 60 minutes each time. As well as the many times waiting on a two hour window for a technician to arrive and another hour to fix the problem usually with no success.

I have spent too many hours attempting to fix this issue, more time than any Comcast client should ever have to use and then not receiving any success and ability to enjoy the service paid for.

Billing is outrageous with each invoice having errors that again take much of my valuable time to correct.  The last billing issue was mid December 2017. I received a very large bill, calling in the bill was reduced to about $280.00+ paid in full, although I disagreed I was just fed up and wanted to move on. This was basically finalize and I paid up my bill in full. In January I get a bill for $485.00 Again incorrect and frustrating. How much valuable time must I spend to fix my bill with the added lack of service.

These last 3 days have been terrible. Wednesday I had the night off so decided to watch TV with my wife, service stopped, returned, sound off, tiling, program interrupted. Called spent an hour fixing by phone, changing cables checking connections and on and on. Finally fixed. Thursday night same issues except all the phone numbers I tried phone back etc did not work nor was the comcast operator able to transfer for help. So again no useable TV.

The cost of Comcast TV is too high and no longer affordable. We watch the following shows only and no sports, 38,41,42,43, 69, 106, 252, 742 and that costs us $109 Your staff keeps adding services never request such as movies.

Compensation was really a joke, and although well intended, served no purpose to compensate for the lost service. Easy to explain, if I bougt a car with 4 wheels from comcast for $100 and 1 wheel was broken and removed, Comcast would discount $25 for one wheel, but the car could not be driven. Received discounts but service still not availble. Compensation was not in tune with lost service, annoyance, lost time and basically we could not watch tv, nor could my wife have some relaxing TV while being bedridden.

This has been a terrible ordeal and I am basically ending my service with COMCAST because it appears no one cares or able to fix this issue. I am now giving you COMCAST till 15th February 2018 and another week after that for testing at no charge for you to regain my confidence in your ability to provide the service I pay for. I will be sending a copy of this letter to the COMCAST BOD so that they can see what a terrible issue you have and after 9 months not able to rectify.

If for any reason my service is interrupt or cut off I will not return.

Expert

Re: Poor Service not fixable told to go to another service

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Poor Service not fixable told to go to another service

Hello aviationhistory. We apologize you are continuing to experience trouble with your service. I can assist in getting your service issues resolved, and also look into your billing rates to see if we can get you into an offer that better suits your needs. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) and click Private Message Me.