Community Forum

Poor Information and Lack of Courtesy

Frequent Visitor

Poor Information and Lack of Courtesy

Recently I had the misfortune of having to deal with both your Billing and Customer Solutions people.  I’m writing this letter because it was frustrating to receive so much incorrect information, and lack of courtesy from your people.  I spent a great amount of time over a two week period to finally settle on a relatively unsatisfactory solution.  And even that solution wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t persisted in making your people do their job.

For the past two years I was under a promotion that gave me the premium channels and Blast internet.  Along with the HD and DVR services, as well as the $5.99 charge for the adapter, and several fees totaling about $19, my bill was $154.

I knew the promotion was going to run out around the end of November, so I called for the first time on November 6th.

I spoke with a woman named Lorraine.  She said my bill would be going up to $174, an increase of $20, with all the same services I had for the past two years.  When I told her I was on Social security and had to watch my expenses, she asked if I wanted to speak with Customer Solutions.  I said I would if she thought it would help.

I spoke with Junior Clark.  We were on the phone for quite a while, and the net result was that he asked me to call back on the 20th.  He said that since I was on a promotion, he couldn’t adjust anything until then.  He told me he would get me the same rate as the previous two years, and possibly even a little less.

He also told me to call into billing and ask to be transferred to Customer Solutions, and gave me his extension number, 545-0132.

I called back on the 20th   about 8:30 in the morning.  A problem occurred when I reached the billing department as they had no idea who Junior Clark was, and told me that there were several billing regions offices, and they didn’t know how to connect me.  They also told me he shouldn’t have said that was how to reach him.  It was the first time, of several times, I was told that the previous person I spoke to shouldn’t have told me something.

After I persisted, they finally connected me to Clinton in Customer Solutions who at first said he had no idea who Junior Clark was.  I explained my frustration with the whole process, and told him he could find Junior’s notes in the computer.

After being on the phone for a while, he finally said he did know Junior Clark, and used the extension I gave him to text Junior.

Clinton then said that Junior was busy, and he promised to call me back at 11:15 that same morning.  Clinton also promised to call me back at 1 the same day to make sure Junior had called and resolved my issues.

NEITHER MAN EVER CALLED ME BACK!!!!!

At this point I was ready to give up on ever talking to someone who would resolve anything for me.  I thought I would just accept the $20 increase and be done with it.

But on the morning of November 22nd, I looked at my account on line and saw that I had been lied to by everyone I had spoken to.  Instead of my bill going from $154 to $174, an increase of $20, it went all the way to $206, an increase of $52.

How in the world could so many people give me the wrong information?  And let’s not forget the promises to call me back that never happened.

I called your number again, and after speaking with Nanette, for a few minutes, I was transferred to Rod.  Once again I was told the previous people shouldn’t have told me certain things, and he apologized for others not calling back.

We spent well over an hour on the phone, before reaching a deal that I would keep what I had for $175.  I wasn’t happy with the runaround from previous people about getting a better deal, and having to spend a lot of time on the phone with so many different people explaining what happened.  I certainly wasn’t happy with being told I would only experience a $20 increase, and then I found out it would have been a $52 increase if I hadn’t called once again.

But there was one more crazy thing to experience.  Rod said my $175 rate would be going into effect on November 23rd, which was the same day the new bills would roll up.  But even though my rate would be effective that day, I had to pay the extra $31 of the $206 bill because it was too late to change the bill.  I would then have to wait until the next billing cycle to get my $31 back.

I would think I should have been just able to pay the $175, and things would have evened out at the end of the month.  But he said I had to pay the extra and wait to get the $31 back.

How crazy is all of this  ???????  And how confident do you think I am that I will get my $31 back without a big hassle?

You folks have lost any semblance of credibility I ever thought you might have. 

Shame on you for having so many people giving wrong information, and making promises to call back that never happen.  And I should also mention I filled out your feedback questionnaire I found online when I logged in.  It asked for my phone number and the best time to call.  But, of course, nobody ever called.  

I'm also sending a copy of this letter to the address listed on the Xfinity site. 

Official Employee

Re: Poor Information and Lack of Courtesy

Hello taurus103. We sincerely apologize for the service experience you described. If you need any further support with your account, or review of your recent change of service, I can help. In that case, Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.