Community Forum

Poor Customer Support from Xfinity

New Poster

Poor Customer Support from Xfinity

Hello, Firstly, I want to state that I have had a terrible experience with Xfinity support. The representatives were rude and unable to solve my problem. I'll go ahead and describe the issue. I subscribed to Xfinity Internet + TV and my plan was a moderate paying plan - $116.67/month. I had an option to pay $70 for technical support or choose the self installation kit. I chose the option of the $0 self installation kit. I have a new modem/Router from Netgear (AC1900 CV7000v2). I followed all the instructions to get the modem/router started. The last remaining bit was to activate my internet service from Xfinity. I tried to log on xfinity.com/activate, but the site did not work. So I called the help desk. Upon calling the helpdesk, the customer representative spent almost an hour and 20 minutes trying to fix the issue. He then escalated the issue to a senior technical team who was unable to fix the issue. Not able to fix the issue, the representative suggested that he'd need to send a technical expert to my home to fix the issue. He then said that I would have to pay $70 to get the installation done. By this point in time, I'd already spent more than an hour and 40 minutes of my valuable time on Tech support. I asked the representative whether the fee can be waived off or not. In spite of spending so much time trying to fix this myself, the last thing I wanted to hear was paying $70 for something that Xfinity should be paying. Had I have chosen the option to pay $70 in the first place, I wouldn't have to have spent almost 2 hours fixing this issue myself. Upon asking to speak with a client services representative, the response I got from the support team was "Sir, Either you have to pay $70 for the technician or Cancel your service". I was flabbergasted to hear this from a Customer Service Representative. I still cannot understand how somebody could be so rude and offer absolutely no compensation for the time I've spent trying to fix this myself. Xfinity Support, if you read this, I would request you to waive the $70 fee that I need to pay for the technician. I hope that the service provided is much better the next time I call support. Regards, Neel