Community Forum

Poor Customer Retention for Customer who has been with Comcast for over 30 years

New Poster

Poor Customer Retention for Customer who has been with Comcast for over 30 years

My Mom, who is 87 years old has been with Comcast for over 30 years. 

She asked me to call customer service as her bill keeps going up. Her latest bill had an increase of $20 with no explanation as to why. 

I called and spoke with an agent who then put me through to a customer retention agent. 

He was very nice but said that the only thing he could do to reduce the cost of her service is to take channels away. 

Her plan is pretty basic as it is so losing channels in  order to bring the cost down does not seem like a fair resolution.

They said that this latest increase was due to a promotion that had just ended.

My question is this: If Comcast is trying harder to rid itself of its negative customer service reputation, why isn't there a program in place for loyal, long term customers that rewards them for sticking with Comcast since the beginning??

It's like they are just being greedy and don't care about the people who supported their business from the very start.

I was told to write a letter to Tom Karinshak, the Vice President of Customer Service. 

I couldn't find a link to his email so hopefully he sees this post. 

I will be researching other vendors in her area and switching to them as soon as possible. 

Comcast clearly only cares about profit and not their customers and that is just SAD.

Expert

Re: Poor Customer Retention for Customer who has been with Comcast for over 30 years

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Poor Customer Retention for Customer who has been with Comcast for over 30 years

I can certainly check and see what we have to offer, can you verify your account with me? To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.