Community Forum

Please remove false advertising about XfinityWiFi, it does not come with all 25 Mbps plans

New Poster

Please remove false advertising about XfinityWiFi, it does not come with all 25 Mbps plans

As seen in the picture below (screengrabbed from XfinityWiFi FAQ), it clearly states that any customer with a plan of 25 Mbps or above has access to XfinityWifi hotspots. Having the hotspot access was a selling point to me, so I chose Xfinity over a competitor I was also looking at that services my address. I am not a data hungry user, and live alone so all I really need is a basic plan so I got the 25 Mbps plan a couple days ago. (Which actually nothing less than 25 Mbps was even offered at my address.) I tried to sign into XfinityWiFi today and it said I had to pay. Upon doing more research I saw another page where it says Performance Starter Internet plans do not qualify. So the correct information is out there, but this page is clearly a false advertisement and needs to be changed before more people make the same mistake as me.

image.png

image.png