Community Forum

Please help!

Contributor

Please help!

This morning I had been outside planting a plant in my backyard when I came back inside due to heat exhaustion. When I turned on my computer I noticed that there was no internet so I just tried doing a reset on my modem. Didn't help so I called Comcast to report the outage. Both Internet and TV were down. After I got some breakfast in me and cooled off some I got to thinking about cutting the roots in the ground to get my plant in the hole and I had a bad feeling come over me. After eating I went outside to the backyard to look for the roots that I cut and sure enough one of them was an orange colored cable covered in dirt of course looking exactly like a root! So it appears that I have inadvertently cut a cable line. This was a total accident because of course I would never cut my own cable line. I don't know how I didn't get shocked or something but it's a miracle that I didn't. Since I have a technician scheduled to come out tomorrow do I just explain to them what happened or does Comcast need to know before they come out?? Thanks in advance!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Please help!

No response?? Did I post this in the right forum??
Expert

@Taurus2313 wrote:
No response?? Did I post this in the right forum??

This isn't real time help.  Your post has gone into a queue and will be answered in the order in which it was received.

FWIW, this is primarily a customer-to-customer help and support forum.  While we do have Official Employees that read and respond to certain posts here they do not "jump" on every post that is made.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I appreciate your reply but I certainly didn't expect anyone to "jump" on my thread. I came here seeking help and advice from anyone that could provide it whether it be Comcast customers or Customer Service Reps.  Almost 4 hours after posting there had been almost 20 views and no response by anyone so I only "asked" if maybe I had posted this question in the right place or not. Since I never received any advice on what to do I just had to explain to the technician what happened when he arrived this morning. It still worked out but I was concerned that I would need a lineman rather than a regular technician not being fully aware of what a tech is able to do in a situation such as this and I didn't want to waste the time of a technician if a lineman would have been required instead.  In the future when time is of the essence for advice or help with a question, I will just call them or do a chat. 

Official Employee

Hi @Taurus2313

Thanks for posting to the Forums again. We apologize for the delay. In a situation like this, you are correct, the best thing to do would be to give us a call and let us know your line was accidentally cut so we can get a technician out who can repair this. I've read and replied to your private message. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thanks for letting me know this was taken care of by the tech. Let us know if you need anything in the future! Take care! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.