Community Forum

Please clarify billing for customer-owned cable modem

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Please clarify billing for customer-owned cable modem

A few months ago, I turned in my Comcast cable modem and purchased my own. The person I spoke with at the local Comcast facility (who was very helpful) told me that I would receive a $5 credit on my monthly bill since I no longer have a Comcast cable modem. I did receive this credit for two months, but then it disappeared.

I contacted customer support to let them know that the credit had been removed for the past three months, and they told me that I should not have been receiving a credit. Instead, they said, if I had a Comcast cable modem I would be charged an additional rental fee, and since I own my modem now I am not charged that fee. I checked my bills from before I purchased my own cable modem and did not see any rental fees, so I asked the customer support representative to send me written clarification and they sent me something about my cable card (which has nothing to do with my cable modem).

Can someone please provide written clarification on whether I should be given a credit on my bill? I have searched the website and haven't found a reference to cable modems having an additional monthly fee (other than xFi Advantage -- which I do not need).

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Please clarify billing for customer-owned cable modem

Highlighted
Expert

@mfinn12 

ComcastCares is on Twitter, not here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip. Strange that the forum recognized that handle as a user.

@ComcastJK ^^