Community Forum

Please bury my cable line

New Poster

Please bury my cable line

This appears to be a common issue amount Comcast users. I had my drop installed (which took a month to happen) at the end of September. Its now approaching the middle of November and I still have this god awful orange cable criss crossing through the middle of my yard. I have had four appoints "scheduled" and always for the next day, yet no technician ever shows up. Shouldn't I be recieving a $20 credit for every appointment that gets ignored or missed? I have a dog and two children who play in the backyard where this cable line is strewn which poses a high proability of it getting ripped out of the box or out of the wall in my home. I shouldn't be required to call or chat with customer service multiple times a month trying to get this issue resolved, especially when it was promised to be resolved within 10 business days of installation. 

Official Employee

Re: Please bury my cable line

@Crdtk8 wrote:

This appears to be a common issue amount Comcast users. I had my drop installed (which took a month to happen) at the end of September. Its now approaching the middle of November and I still have this god awful orange cable criss crossing through the middle of my yard. I have had four appoints "scheduled" and always for the next day, yet no technician ever shows up. Shouldn't I be recieving a $20 credit for every appointment that gets ignored or missed? I have a dog and two children who play in the backyard where this cable line is strewn which poses a high proability of it getting ripped out of the box or out of the wall in my home. I shouldn't be required to call or chat with customer service multiple times a month trying to get this issue resolved, especially when it was promised to be resolved within 10 business days of installation. 

Hi there! Thanks for posting. Let's check in on the delays to this drop bury. Thanks for your patience.

Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name (Comcast_Support) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Please bury my cable line

For anyone elses refrence. After multiple attempts contacting customer service to get a technician out to my property to bury the cable line, someone finally came out on 11/9/19, 42 days after my drop was installed. The technician was there approximately 15 minutes before coming back to the door and telling me there was nothing they could do. He did however submit a request for the line to be buried. This would be the second technician submiutted request to bury the drop. Maybe this time there will be some movement on the issue.