Community Forum

Please Stop Sending Me "Service Related Emails"

New Poster

Please Stop Sending Me "Service Related Emails"

I have tried every customer service avenue to get these emails to stop, so now I'm asking the community. 

I keep getting repeated "Service Related" emails from xfinity@emails.xfinity.com, a couple a day sometimes ever since I signed up.  There is no unsubscribe button, and I have unsubscribed from all emails in my account control panel.

They are just repeating the same ones over and over, and it's quite annoying. I marked them as spam, but I'm afraid that actual account emails (like payment failed processing) might get sent to spam as well. 

Something is broken on their end, and customer service has been less than useless in offering a solution. 

If anyone has run into this problem and knows how to fix it, it would be appreciated. I have attached the list of emails I'm getting plus a portion of one of the emails. Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 2.10.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-30 at 2.28.29 PM.png

Expert

Re: Please Stop Sending Me "Service Related Emails"

@justinwbriggs wrote:

I have tried every customer service avenue to get these emails to stop, so now I'm asking the community. 

I keep getting repeated "Service Related" emails from xfinity@emails.xfinity.com, a couple a day sometimes ever since I signed up.  There is no unsubscribe button, and I have unsubscribed from all emails in my account control panel.

They are just repeating the same ones over and over, and it's quite annoying. I marked them as spam, but I'm afraid that actual account emails (like payment failed processing) might get sent to spam as well. 

Something is broken on their end, and customer service has been less than useless in offering a solution. 

If anyone has run into this problem and knows how to fix it, it would be appreciated. I have attached the list of emails I'm getting plus a portion of one of the emails. 

Try here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

That link won't work.  Everyone here complaining in multiple threads have already unsubscribed in those preference settings.  The intrusive emails are classified by Comcast as "Service Related", evidently to important, in their opinion, to allow unsubscribing.

Bah

New Poster

@zekeblue wrote:

That link won't work.  Everyone here complaining in multiple threads have already unsubscribed in those preference settings.  The intrusive emails are classified by Comcast as "Service Related", evidently to important, in their opinion, to allow unsubscribing.

Bah

^This 100%.  When I go to the link and look at what I can turn on and off, everything is already off and there isn't a setting for service related emails.

Since Comcast doesn't seem to give a smeg about the complaint (there are complaints going back to 2013 if you search for "service related email" in this forum) what I'm going to do is set my email to automatically junk anything that has the same title as the emails they keep sending.  I'll have to create like 6 different rules, but since they send identical emails every so often, that should make it easy to junk them.  I suspect it's what everyone else has done who has given up on the help forum since it's a 7 (at least) year old problem with no official fix.

here's a screenshot I took of mine a while back for my initial forum complaint.  I've gotten more since, but as you can see with the underlines, they send the same e over and over and over... https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/598421922530983956/671419551275286558/unknown.png

New Poster

So after hours of chat messages and calls with customer service I was directed to their "Customer Security Assurance". 

They "assured" me that those emails (xfinity@emails.xfinity.com) are NOT from Comcast. 

What a strange coincidence that I started receiving these the day I signed up for a Comcast account. Which leads me to conclude that either:

1). Comcast has intentionally sold my information to a scammer.

or 

2). Comcast has mishandled my information in the stupidest way possible so that new customer's data is immediately available to scammers. 

I can forgive this company for pretty much being a monopoly (I don't have a choice in service where I am), but by the old gods and the new, take some basic security precautions when you sign your customers up, it's 2020 you troglodytes.

Expert

@justinwbriggs wrote:

So after hours of chat messages and calls with customer service I was directed to their "Customer Security Assurance". 

They "assured" me that those emails (xfinity@emails.xfinity.com) are NOT from Comcast. 

What a strange coincidence that I started receiving these the day I signed up for a Comcast account. Which leads me to conclude that either:

1). Comcast has intentionally sold my information to a scammer.

or 

2). Comcast has mishandled my information in the stupidest way possible so that new customer's data is immediately available to scammers. 

I can forgive this company for pretty much being a monopoly (I don't have a choice in service where I am), but by the old gods and the new, take some basic security precautions when you sign your customers up, it's 2020 you troglodytes.

Verified email.PNG

If you see that icon next to your email, it is from Comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!