Community Forum

Plant Extension was knocked down by a tree months ago, Repaired when?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Plant Extension was knocked down by a tree months ago, Repaired when?

Plant Extension was knocked out months before I got "service" (of 3 months now still have yet to get a signal). From what I understand last storm a tree came down and took down the line that was being strung they came out and removed said line and never replaced it.

I later come along and was told in no uncertain terms yes we have you on our map here there is a node right outside your house. Tech comes out looks up and the pole and goes "Ya, thats not connected. I will elevate this to my superviser." the tech offers to take any rented equipment till they can get the line fixed so I dont have to pay rent, I agree.  next week i cantact customer service and ask for a status report, nothing in the system (I was charged for the equipment the prior day(and for the subsequent 2 payments))   they send out a tech and I ask "this is someone who is going to replace the service trunk, with a bucket truck and a spool of wire?" after getting assurances that yes this is the case a line tech shows up looks at the pole tells me thats not going to work and again relays to his superviser. this repeats for 4-6 times.  This last time I am sitting in the front lawn when my app dings and tells me my tech has arrived, looking around dont see him, thinking ok maybe this guy is actually repairing the line I wait after 20 minutes my app no longer has an apointment. 

I am a little Upset at the moment with school starting I went to comcast because the end of the school year last year was a lot of laggy "classroom" video calls and I wanted to get this fixed. School starts the 18th can I please have this fixed before then?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Plant Extension was knocked down by a tree months ago, Repaired when?

Well as much as I expected no action, it still saddens me to see it actually realised. Today is my contact comcast customer service day so I will be doing so. I believe form now on I will attach each confirmation number to this thread. maybe after I suffer thru the customer support run around some one will actually figure out how to correct this issue.
Highlighted
Expert

@MageP wrote:
Well as much as I expected no action, it still saddens me to see it actually realised. Today is my contact comcast customer service day so I will be doing so. I believe form now on I will attach each confirmation number to this thread. maybe after I suffer thru the customer support run around some one will actually figure out how to correct this issue.

This is primarily a customer-to-customer Help & Support forum and is not real time.  Your post will be answered in the order in which it was received.

Again_0-1597273278604.png

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well after contacting support again today 051445556 ticket from Aug 12 is resolved! 

Sarcasm aside seems the Fine people of comcast have deemed my time and money to be not valuable while I do have a new ticket code: CR921105368, this is for a line tech to come out to be able to test signal inside my home to then be able to escalate the issue because the CS personnel did not have the ability to do a special ticket or something.

In regards to the assurance that this will be handled on the forum in the order it was received... Please don't, it takes no effort to see that this is untrue. If true there is no recieved by supportpersonnel at blah time tagging so one could simply say: "oh, we never saw that!".

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well here I am when I get an email telling me I have recieved a credit for my account (that has yet to give me a usecond of service). I figured why not share my joy with all the other people looking for help from comcast so they can see what kind of service to expect!

Screenshot from 2020-08-18 12-52-54.png
Screenshot from 2020-08-18 09-43-15.png
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So, New Follow up: Comcast tech # 12? showed up yesterday and told me he looked at the poles and I'm unserviceable and would have to contact construction and most likely have to pay to rehang lines.(to the ammount of 63K)

Edit: had to attach this gem. so after the second credit in 3 days I am now disconnected because?
Edit Edit: After talking to CS about the credit cutting off my service i can see how people might see it wrong. so  included a second screenshot.

Screenshot from 2020-08-19 10-30-23.png
Screenshot from 2020-08-19 10-39-28.png
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well comcast has terminated my account and charged me an early termination fee for services I have never recieved.

Looks like I will be beefing up my current home internet setup ehich consists of:
EM7565+ taoglas antena 2x2mimo and $50 a month T-mobile + unlimited sim card

old sample of speed : 

I will be replacing the 4G lte EM7565 with the 5G EM9190 and the 2x2 mimo with a 4x4 mimo setup + 5g bands

I hope this give hope for alternatives for others who have been treated like subhumans by comcast.

Speedtest.png