Community Forum

Plant Extension Cost

New Poster

Plant Extension Cost

Hello! I’ve just recently moved into a new home and just found out last night I will not be able to continue my Xfinity service at the address. Before moving to the area, I check on many moving websites to verify Comcast was in the area and got rough answer that said I would have no problem servicing the address. With a Comcast service center located just 1.5 miles from the house, I believe Comcast has really dropped the ball in servicing the small 5-house side street I live on. The closest plant is 1100 ft away and last night I was told that it would cost $11,000 just to get service pulled to the end of the street where my house is located.

How does Comcast calculate the cost of a plant extension and how can this cost be reduced? The current providers on the street are nonexistent, so I believe the other houses either have poor satellite internet or no internet service at all (5 new customers for Comcast if they extend the plant). Comcast, what can you do to bring service down my small side street at an affordable cost?