Community Forum

Pixelation Problems

New Poster

Pixelation Problems

Big problems with pixelated tv images at my home in pleasanton. Many calls to customer service, a service call with some booster thing put in my garage. Still have pixelated images and often a frozen image followed by a message stating something to the effect of "This channel is not available"

A Comcast insider told me it may be a problem with the lines out underground. The TV <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "language"> out on me at the worst possible times.. while watching the A's, Survivor and now the Tour de France.

This is a real <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "language"> and I asked my wife about our cable bill which is expensive, "What are we paying for?"

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Pixelation Problems

bsm1429,

Comcast needs to send out a "line crew". They are responsible for the lines and the network before signals reach the box in your yard.
New Poster

I know this sounds weird but I was getting pixelation on certain channels. I found that if you reduced the screen size by using the "C" key on the remote the problem would disappear on the smaller screen. Next exit the "C" function and the problem would go away. Comcast came in and replaced cables and connectors prior to this and charged me 39 to do nothing before I found this easy (obviously comcast generated) problem. I'm sure that this solution (I have used multiple times) should get a comcast tech to recognize and solve the problem.

Jack

New Poster

I have the same issue. Only on sports channels. Refresh system, unplug, refresh, unplug, call xfinity, refresh, unplug... been happening for a year but now refresh and unplug no longer works. Tech coming out today.
Regular Visitor

Having the same problem as everyone else but only on my master bedroom tv were the main box is located. Tried all the fixes nothing has worked pay tons of funds to xfinity so not worth it! I guess calling the tech is next but it seems their fixes haven’t worked either...
Expert

cwill3444 wrote:
Having the same problem as everyone else but only on my master bedroom tv were the main box is located. Tried all the fixes nothing has worked pay tons of funds to xfinity so not worth it! I guess calling the tech is next but it seems their fixes haven’t worked either...

hi, have you had a recent tech out to find out the high noise or low signal problems? if so, was it a Comcast tech or contractor? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I to am having same problems. I was trying to watch basketball game on TNT. It just kept bugging me so I did not watch the whole game.
Frequent Visitor

Going on a week since my last Comcast Tech visit (of many), continue to have multiple channels and DVR recording play back pixal breakup issues.  Even had an excellent Comcast Tech come out and tell me he was finding "errors outside" my house.  And the issues persist - frustrating my wife and I.  Comast please fix your issues outside my house. I am attaching one (of many) of the horrible Comcast pictures.

BAD-Comcat_Picture_IMG_0728.jpg
Contributor

I have had this problem in the past (I'm East Coast, BTW). Anyhow, it was usually due to decreased signal strength and it occured on my "low" channels. A booster should have fixed it. Anyhow, do you have multiple splitters or connections? They degrade your signal and can cause pixelation as well. That is just my 2 cents.