Community Forum

Phishing email message

Regular Visitor

Phishing email message

Where can I report the message below that I received this morning supposedly from Comcast, but definitely not from Comcast.

Fake comcast message.JPG.

Admin1

Re: Phishing email message

Hi EmjayGee -- You can report phishing emails here: abuse@comcast.net

When reporting phishing emails, it is critical that you send us the email headers. Please do not forward the phishing email. Forwarding the email will remove the original headers. Once you have copied the full message headers from the spam message, paste the header and the message into an email with the subject line "Phishing email". 

New Poster

I too received a phishing email, appeared to be from Comcast, told me I had to click on a link or my account would be shut down in 24 hours. I deleted it, and removed it from my trash (I don't like to keep things like that around). PLEASE PUT A LINK ON THE COMCAST ACCOUNTS page for reporting this type of thing. Thanks.

Expert

@policemutt wrote:

I too received a phishing email, appeared to be from Comcast, told me I had to click on a link or my account would be shut down in 24 hours. I deleted it, and removed it from my trash (I don't like to keep things like that around). PLEASE PUT A LINK ON THE COMCAST ACCOUNTS page for reporting this type of thing. Thanks.

That's an excellent idea! I'll pass that along to the right people at Comcast. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.