Community Forum

Petition to bring Comcast TV/phone/Internet Cable to new residential neighborhood

Regular Visitor

Petition to bring Comcast TV/phone/Internet Cable to new residential neighborhood

Long time customer of Comcast and had always used Comcast for TV, phone, & Internet. We move to a new house at Lake Stevens, WA and called comcast to get their services transferred. Unfortunately, they informed me that they do not service in the address. The only internet providers available in our neighborhood are satellite internet which is not reliable. There are 50 newly constructed houses that needed TV, internet or phone and they building more house as we speak and there's only 3 lucky houses that has comcast service. What are the next steps that I can take that would allow for comcast to expand their services on our area (137th AVE NE, 116th ST NE, 110th ST NE and 143rd AVE NE). I would appreciate any suggestions and advice. Thanks again in advance

Expert

Re: Petition to bring Comcast TV/phone/Internet Cable to new residential neighborhood

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Petition to bring Comcast TV/phone/Internet Cable to new residential neighborhood

Hello TMY_RYL, I can look into this for you and schedule a tech if needed to come out and survey the area to see what is needed to bring services to your home. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks!

New Poster

Hello Amir,

Can you do the same for my neighborhood? I have a petition with 17 neighbors who are interested, and thats from those that are active in our FB community group.  We know there are at least another dozen or so who want your services.  The neighborhood next to us has it, but we want it as well. PLEASE contact me.  We are in desperate need!

Official Employee

JMLKSL1 wrote: Hello Amir,
Can you do the same for my neighborhood? I have a petition with 17 neighbors who are interested, and thats from those that are active in our FB community group.  We know there are at least another dozen or so who want your services.  The neighborhood next to us has it, but we want it as well. PLEASE contact me.  We are in desperate need!

Hello and thank you for reaching out regarding this concern, I replied to your PM please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

Hi Comcast Amir,

I'm not sure if you are still with Comcast, but I also live in a neighborhoot that does not currently have Comcast/Xfinity service.  They have told me my neighborhood is not currently serviceable, nor do they have an estimate of when it might be serviceable - but I can open the door to my back yard, and look at the house that's less than 20 feet away and they have Xfinity.

I need to know why our neighborhood does not currently have comcast when one that is less than 20 feet away does, and what it will take to bring comcast to this location.  Please DO NOT tell me that my neighborhood isn't serviceable at this time - I already know that.  What I need to know is how to make it serviceable or if it's not possible, why it is not possible.

Thank you,

Roger Lager

Official Employee

Hello @rlager, thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums. It sounds like you have already had a tech come out and survey the area. Due to us labeling the address as "non-serviceable" there is no way we can bring services to your home or neighborhood at this time. This is because the area in question has been assigned to another provider which is why no one can tell you if and when this will change. We would love to be in all areas and provide service to everyone, but we cannot go outside of our footprint to do so. Feel free to reach back out to me here or via PM if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

New Poster

I live in a semi rural area in Michigan where Comcast has service lines surrounding me on every road up to my intersection then stops. They literally go around all three sides of both blocks on either side of me EXCEPT the 1.2 mile stretch of my road with 14 houses on it. I've been fighting with Comcast for years to run lines out here, but they want $22,000 in "customer contribution costs" for construction expenses to do so. I've been reading on multiple forums that per the local franchise agreement made between Clyde township and Comcast, and supposedly if 10 or more customers petition for service within one area, Comcast is supposed to cover the cost completely. I'd like to know the accuracy of this, and how I'm supposed to move forward if that is the case

Official Employee

Hello, alexmbaldwin. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I certainly understand the frustration of not having Comcast fully in the area. As you are wondering if there is an agreement between Comcast and Clyde Township, we do not have this information. However, we encourage you to reach out to Clyde Township to see if they can certainly get this started for you or provide you with more information. The alternative would be to pay the construction and possible see if neighbors in the area would all pitch in. 

Official Employee

Hello, alexmbaldwin. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.