Community Forum

Pedestal in my property

New Poster

Pedestal in my property

I am about to build a home and dig footers and we encountered an issue. The comcast box is actually going to be in my garage. HELP!!

I have been going at this for 3 weeks now and have 2 er service tickets......and disconnected the cable from a few that was in the box in the hopes to get this resolved....

As of today there is nothing happening....

what do i do next!!!

I am loosing money daily that i do  nothing and it is to the point i feel like getting the exavator and digging up all the service cables....

please email me at xxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Official Employee

Re: Pedestal in my property

Hello @mikeT4244, thanks for reaching out and I apologize about any frustration or inconvenience this has caused you. I would be more than happy to further assist you with this pedestal concern! in order to do so, I just need to gather a little bit more information from you. Can you please send me a Private Message including your full name, phone number, and full service address?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@mikeT4244 wrote:
I am about to build a home and dig footers and we encountered an issue. The comcast box is actually going to be in my garage. HELP!!

I have been going at this for 3 weeks now and have 2 er service tickets......and disconnected the cable from a few that was in the box in the hopes to get this resolved....

As of today there is nothing happening....

what do i do next!!!

I am loosing money daily that i do  nothing and it is to the point i feel like getting the exavator and digging up all the service cables....

please email me at xxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

All utilities like the Comcast pedestal are located in an easement, which is usually less than 5 feet inside the propery line.  If you're building a home and this pedestal is going to be "in my garage", you need to find out where the property line is, and subsequently the easement [which encompasses the entire property], otherwise you will have a huge problem when the building inspector comes out to inspect your footings.  Before you do anything, make sure that property line is marked and visible, and that your building is not encroaching on an adjoining property.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@mikeT4244, I never received a private message from you and we never heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please still send me a private message if you need assistance with this pedestal concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns. Thank you and we're here to help! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.