Community Forum

Pedestal Boxes Throughout Community a Major Eyesore - Broken, Exposed Wires

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Pedestal Boxes Throughout Community a Major Eyesore - Broken, Exposed Wires

This has been an ongoing issue with the pedestal box outside my home. Comcast techs, as well as the subcontracted techs, never securely position the pedestal boxes in their proper place after a service. Over time, the boxes become furhter compromised and eventually broken. Wires are exposed. They are left hanging on, cracked, unsecured/unlocked. They have become an eyesore throughout our community. 

The issue isn't simply the pedestal box outside my home and in clear view of my front door, but nearly EVERY pedestal box in our community.

See images:

20180207_113459.jpgNearest my home; in clear view

20180207_113510.jpgDirectly across the street from my home

I've placed calls in the past and the response has been lackluster at best. I've had a tech come back "maybe" 2 times within the last 5 years to address this chronic problem and eyesore.  I am not only reaching out as a longterm Comcast customer; but also as a representative of my community's HOA Board. We need these pedestal boxes fixed -- and not just the two pictured above, but all of them in our community.

Can anyone assist me in reaching the proper contact at Comcast that will take the proactive measures to have our concerns addressed?

Thanks in advance,

Dell

Dell - 15+ Year Comcast Customer, X1
Admin1

Re: Pedestal Boxes Throughout Community a Major Eyesore - Broken, Exposed Wires

Hi WDJaxn -- I can help with getting a crew out to secure the pedestals in your community. Please send me a PM with your community's location and I will get this setup for you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Regular Visitor

Following-up with an update regarding my request to have the pedestal boxes repaired and/or replaced in my community. Very pleased to share that earlier today a tech was onsite repairing/replacing the old dome-shapped pedestal boxes with new larger pedestal enclosures with much larger black, rectangular bases that securely fit all of the wires that were previously exposed.

At present, it appears about eight (8) pedestals...perhaps more...have been retrofitted with the new enclosure.

20180223_112025_resized.jpg

Much appreciate ComcastZach and ComcastJoesphK for their assistance. Their responsiveness was top rate: from my first initial board post all the way through to their subsequent Private Messages to ensure that the onsite job was completed.  Greatly appreciate their effort!

RESOLVED.

Satisfied,

WDJaxn

Dell - 15+ Year Comcast Customer, X1
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem with a broken pedestal box. The Comcast techs who came out said .they have no replacements and can't get them. The broken box is a safety hazard. Can you help me?
Official Employee

Hello PKGene, I am more than happy to help you get your pedestal repaired. I replied to your PM, please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks. I will respond to your first response.
Official Employee

PKGene wrote: Thank-you for following up on this issue.  Yes the repair foreman stopped at the end of last week to understand the scope of work required and take a few pictures of the pedestal box.  He was very professional and knew exactly what was required.  He assurred us his team would be out early in the week to correct the problem.

Monday morning a new pedestal box was installed and the safety issue has been corrected.

You made this repair issue painless from the customer perspective and were a perfect example of the best customer service we have ever received from Comcast!!

Thank-you for your help!

Gene & Ginger

I am glad that we were able to get this taken care of for you, have a good day.