Community Forum

Peacock

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Peacock

I am not able to access the Peacock channel on my main room DVR. I have X1 and each time I try it states that new equipment is on the way but never shows up. I can however access it on other TV's. Can someone please explain what I need to do to get this on my main TV. Thank you

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Peacock

@meg619 wrote:

I am not able to access the Peacock channel on my main room DVR. I have X1 and each time I try it states that new equipment is on the way but never shows up. I can however access it on other TV's. Can someone please explain what I need to do to get this on my main TV. Thank you

using the remote on your main room DVR use voice command 'about'. what is the rest of the line to the right of "STB version"?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It is as follows : PX00AN_3.14p10s2_PROD_sey

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

That’s a Pace DVR (obviously non-compatible. Either take it in to your local Xfinity store or have one sent out to you by an Official Employee

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have tried 2 times now replacing my DVR and both times I have received what looks to be a box that would be used in one of the bed rooms. No where near the same size or has the same plug ins as my Living room DVR. Do I need to unplug it and take it to a store or has something changed where this is what is replacing it? Honestly I am frustrated at this point. Can someone please let me know what I should ask for. Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

@meg619 wrote:

I have tried 2 times now replacing my DVR and both times I have received what looks to be a box that would be used in one of the bed rooms. No where near the same size or has the same plug ins as my Living room DVR. Do I need to unplug it and take it to a store or has something changed where this is what is replacing it? Honestly I am frustrated at this point. Can someone please let me know what I should ask for. Thanks

modern connection from a set top box is just HDMI to the TV. the other connections are deprecated old technology. The DVR that has those type of connections is so out of date it has no internet app access, and only 5 tuners as well as documented intermittent sound issues. Does your TV accept the HDMI connector?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes it does so the box I received should be ok if I understand correctly. I was just confused as it is half the size but if it works that will be fine with me. I am a little confused however when i called back after receiving the initial replacement box the person told me that I in fact received the incorrect one and then I received again the exact same thing again it appears so thus my confusion. I appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Expert

@meg619 wrote:

Yes it does so the box I received should be ok if I understand correctly. I was just confused as it is half the size but if it works that will be fine with me. I am a little confused however when i called back after receiving the initial replacement box the person told me that I in fact received the incorrect one and then I received again the exact same thing again it appears so thus my confusion. I appreciate your help.

check the model number by using voice remote 'about' and reply with the rest of the line to the right of "STB version".