Community Forum

Paying for X1 since March 2017, without having received voice remotes and upgraded equipment.

New Poster

Paying for X1 since March 2017, without having received voice remotes and upgraded equipment.

I've been paying for X1 Preferred Plus Triple Play since 3/4/2017 and was not sent upgraded X1 equipment.  Recently I needed to access my Comcast account and there was an option to upgrade my equipment, ie., two TV adapters, one TV Box/DVR, and one modem/internet.  My sister has had X1 with the appropriate voice remotes for over a year. 

Why wouldn't this equipment have been sent to me the month we subscribed?

Kb

Expert

Re: Paying for X1 since March 2017, without having received voice remotes and upgraded equipment.

@Kmab444 wrote:

I've been paying for X1 Preferred Plus Triple Play since 3/4/2017 and was not sent upgraded X1 equipment.  Recently I needed to access my Comcast account and there was an option to upgrade my equipment, ie., two TV adapters, one TV Box/DVR, and one modem/internet.  My sister has had X1 with the appropriate voice remotes for over a year. 

Kb

they are free at any comcast store.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Paying for X1 since March 2017, without having received voice remotes and upgraded equipment.

Yes, I know the equipment is free and comes with the subscription.  My question is why wasn't the upgrade equipment sent to me automatically last March? Or, at the very least, why couldn't I have been informed to pick up the equipment?  The only way I found out that my VOICE/INTERNET device, main TV DVR, and two adapters were to be updated was by going to my Xfinity Online Account, then clicking my Devices.  This isn't something I need to do regularly because I'm enrolled in automatic payments and didn't know I had to check my devices online.  All my channels were upgraded at the time, but apprently, not the equipment.  We have 1 DVR, 1 VOICE/INTERNET modem, 2 TV boxes, and 2 Adapters that should've been upgraded. Of note, the two TV boxes are Model No PR150BNM and are listed as X1 in my device menu, but they don't show the X1 menu.  So, I'm presuming they don't have the X1 menu loaded? Any help will be much appreciated.

@Rustyben wrote:

@Kmab444 wrote:

Kb

they are free at any comcast store.

Official Employee

Hi Kmab444, the information that (Rustyben) shared is correct. I can also get the voice remotes shipped to you via U.S mail, if you would like for the remotes to be shipped please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!