Community Forum

Paying a drop fee etc.. in a non serviceable area

Frequent Visitor

Paying a drop fee etc.. in a non serviceable area

So, being in the IT tech field, I need internet of high quality and speed and trust.

Loving comcast for the past 3 years.

Unfortunately it looks like the area I am looking to move to does not have service from comcast. I dont want to choose another provider or move into an area that does not have xfinity.

Is it even remotely possible to pay a drop fee, however much that is (thousand? two thousand?) to have comcast service in a non-servicable area? I also work for a very well known IT company so, as you can imagine, connection/work is paramount and of utmost importance. Just now entering the next stage of my life hence the possible change of location.

The area does, unfortunately, only service cox and centurylink, both of which offer poor speed internet and tv. And I don't want to give up comcast either.

Remember the days where you can move wherever and then have your services come to you? Seems like these days, YOU need to move to where services are available regardless of the property you move to LOL.

thanks!

Expert

Re: Paying a drop fee etc.. in a non serviceable area

@ahmedilyas wrote:

So, being in the IT tech field, I need internet of high quality and speed and trust.

Loving comcast for the past 3 years.

Unfortunately it looks like the area I am looking to move to does not have service from comcast. I dont want to choose another provider or move into an area that does not have xfinity.

Is it even remotely possible to pay a drop fee, however much that is (thousand? two thousand?) to have comcast service in a non-servicable area? I also work for a very well known IT company so, as you can imagine, connection/work is paramount and of utmost importance. Just now entering the next stage of my life hence the possible change of location.

The area does, unfortunately, only service cox and centurylink, both of which offer poor speed internet and tv. And I don't want to give up comcast either.

Remember the days where you can move wherever and then have your services come to you? Seems like these days, YOU need to move to where services are available regardless of the property you move to LOL.

thanks!

If Comcast doesn't service the area it's doubtful you'll be able to get a drop, and even if you were able to it would most likely cost far more than $1000 - $2000.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!