Community Forum

Pay for X1 Service but Get Non-X1 Service

Regular Visitor

Pay for X1 Service but Get Non-X1 Service

According to my account information online, as well as seeing that my cable box is the same as an X1 box (in the online comparison), I have X1 service. However, when I turn on my TV, it's operating as if it's non-X1 service (I'm not getting the X1 guide or any of the special features).

I've had the service for a few months now and never had X1 service, but just realized that I wasn't getting X1 service. Is there a way I was/am supposed to register it so I get the full capabilities or what is going on here?

Expert

Re: Pay for X1 Service but Get Non-X1 Service

@neilsolan wrote:

According to my account information online, as well as seeing that my cable box is the same as an X1 box (in the online comparison), I have X1 service. However, when I turn on my TV, it's operating as if it's non-X1 service (I'm not getting the X1 guide or any of the special features).

I've had the service for a few months now and never had X1 service, but just realized that I wasn't getting X1 service. Is there a way I was/am supposed to register it so I get the full capabilities or what is going on here?

would you check the model number on the bottom of the set top box? is it an Xi3 or XiD? those devices without a DVR or XG2 are only able to function as a DTA (digital transport adapter) which is not X1 service. do you have a DVR? and XG2? have you received a billing statement showing your level of service?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Sorry, I was out of town for a few days and just got back to check. The model number on the bottom of my cable box is PR150BNM. This doesn't even match a similar format of the two options - am I looking at the right thing? 

According to xfinity.com/myaccount, the services I have listed show "X1 TV", and I am using all the equipment that Xfinity mailed to me at the start of my service, so theoretically I should have all the equipment I need to access the service package that is listed for my account, right?

Diamond Problem Solver

I’ve escalated it up to a colleague who can take a look at your account and get you the proper equipment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi neilsolan, I can help review this further on my side.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi neilsolan, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach back out if you need assistance in the future.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.