Community Forum

Pace DVR box sounds like a lawnmower

New Poster

Pace DVR box sounds like a lawnmower

Had my service newly activated today, and the box became super loud within a few hours after tech left. This is beyond the normal humming of the box (I know it doesn't turn off). Could be something wrong with the hard drive inside?

It's so loud that my daughter can no longer sleep in the living room during the day.

Seems like it could be common problem with the Pace boxes.. and I was wondering if I could get the Arris boxes that don't have noise problems without having to play Russian roulette at the Xfinity offices?
Expert

Re: Pace DVR box sounds like a lawnmower

@Newnewjo wrote:
Had my service newly activated today, and the box became super loud within a few hours after tech left. This is beyond the normal humming of the box (I know it doesn't turn off). Could be something wrong with the hard drive inside?

It's so loud that my daughter can no longer sleep in the living room during the day.

Seems like it could be common problem with the Pace boxes.. and I was wondering if I could get the Arris boxes that don't have noise problems without having to play Russian roulette at the Xfinity offices?

you should not hear the box at all. swap out at the local Xfinity store or call 800-Comcast to schedule a tech. The last 60 hours (for a DVR) will be stored in the cloud and will be able to play on the TV. your schedule is saved and you will need to go into settings (gear) Device Settings >> and select Sync DVR (will make sure the new DVR knows what needs to be recorded).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Pace DVR box sounds like a lawnmower

Newnewjo, I have a PACE box and it doesn't make a noticeable sound. Let's swap it out. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.