Community Forum

PLEASE HELP - I didn't request to cancel my account and I got an email it will be cancelled tonight.

Highlighted
New Poster

PLEASE HELP - I didn't request to cancel my account and I got an email it will be cancelled tonight.

Please help, I received an email this morning saying that my house will be losing all internet and TV connectivity this evening. Neither myself nor anyone on the account has requested this cancellation and we are all working from home and need internet connectivity in order to work!!

We cannot lose connectivity, please help! I am trying to get through to customer service but it is proving to also be very difficult to get a hold of someone to stop this from happening.

Thank you for any help that you're able to provide.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: PLEASE HELP - I didn't request to cancel my account and I got an email it will be cancelled toni

I received a similar email at 12:20 US/Mountain today and I did not request a cancelation either.   Comcast doesn't seem to have *ANY* telephone support and aren't answering (so far) on Twitter.  I wonder if they have a faulty system or have been hacked.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: PLEASE HELP - I didn't request to cancel my account and I got an email it will be cancelled toni

Do not reply to the e-mail!

This is most likely a phishing scam. It should not be necessary but you could call 1-800-XFINITY to check your account. I would not bother if it were me.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I finally got a human on the Xfinity Assistant app.   They cancelled the cancellation order for me and said it was strange that there was no approval on the order.  You may want to contact them on the chat app as well.