Community Forum

PLEASE HELP - I didn't request to cancel my account and I got an email it will be cancelled tonight.

New Poster

PLEASE HELP - I didn't request to cancel my account and I got an email it will be cancelled tonight.

Please help, I received an email this morning saying that my house will be losing all internet and TV connectivity this evening. Neither myself nor anyone on the account has requested this cancellation and we are all working from home and need internet connectivity in order to work!!

We cannot lose connectivity, please help! I am trying to get through to customer service but it is proving to also be very difficult to get a hold of someone to stop this from happening.

Thank you for any help that you're able to provide.

New Poster

Re: PLEASE HELP - I didn't request to cancel my account and I got an email it will be cancelled toni

I received a similar email at 12:20 US/Mountain today and I did not request a cancelation either.   Comcast doesn't seem to have *ANY* telephone support and aren't answering (so far) on Twitter.  I wonder if they have a faulty system or have been hacked.

Expert

Re: PLEASE HELP - I didn't request to cancel my account and I got an email it will be cancelled toni

Do not reply to the e-mail!

This is most likely a phishing scam. It should not be necessary but you could call 1-800-XFINITY to check your account. I would not bother if it were me.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I finally got a human on the Xfinity Assistant app.   They cancelled the cancellation order for me and said it was strange that there was no approval on the order.  You may want to contact them on the chat app as well.

New Poster

the same thing has now happened to me two months in a row , i wake up to services cancelled with my app not working ... what in the world is going on that my account is auto canceling ....
New Poster

My account was randomly disconnected tonight. This is the message I received:

"Your Xfinity services are currently disconnected.

Your unpaid account balance is $0.00. You can make a payment to bring your account up to date."

Official Employee

Hello All! Thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page. We appreciate you all being customers with us and this does seem to be a strange occurrence. We definitely want to take a further look into this on our end. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

This just happened to me as well, and I've been on the phone for like forever to get a hold of someone. 

Expert

@keey2lyfe wrote:

This just happened to me as well, and I've been on the phone for like forever to get a hold of someone. 

If you're not calling Customer Security Assurance, you should be.

They may be able to help you. Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@ keey2lyfe Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding this cancelation request. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your home and we want to do all that we can to assist. I can only imagine your anxiety level over getting that notification. I would love to get to the bottom of this email. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different, service address and account number? If you’re having trouble locating this information, you can also reference our world-class MyAccount app to view all of your account details by the simple touch of your fingertips! Please follow the process here to learn how to obtain that information: comca.st/30x1qW2. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Service cancelled

Hi Comcastamira. Can you please help me with my account. Someone else in my house decided they wanted to get xfinity for themselves without mentioning it to me. Comcast automatically disconnected my service once they made their purchases. I cant figure out how to send a private message.... the forum says im a visitor. I cant use my Xfinity account to contact anyone. ive tried the chat they are no help.