Community Forum

PHone call from Comcast "issue" with my internet

Highlighted
New Poster

PHone call from Comcast "issue" with my internet

I recieved a phone call/voicemail on Monday April 13 from a man staying he was from Comcast and there is an "issue" with my internet sending error messages.   He needed to come in home to find the problems Phone # 888-266-2278

Claimed he was going to cut my service at the pole and this was a courtesty message.

There are not outages or issues listed on your website.  I am assuming this is a scam to get inside my home.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: PHone call from Comcast "issue" with my internet

Nope, could be a legitimate call. The maintenance team regularly checks for noise/interference/ingress from residences that can feed back into the plant causing outages or service degradation. They want to send someone in to fix it free, so they don’t have to disconnect you. The call is to let you know, it may not be affecting you but affecting the neighborhood. Make an appointment, have a tech out. Majority of times it’s a loose cable, old garbage cable or something along those lines.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: PHone call from Comcast "issue" with my internet

Hi rcompton43. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. I'd like to help review your account and reference the notations to see why you were being contacted. If you'd like the help, feel free to send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!