Community Forum

Overpaying for the wrong service and nothing is being done

Regular Visitor

Overpaying for the wrong service and nothing is being done

In August of 2016, I signed up to get xfinity internet because my previous provider was simply entirely way too slow for the 3 devices that were constantly on it. In November 2017, I was moving and of course was taking my fast internet with me. My satellite provider wanted me to pay a $200 installation fee to move me on top of my bill. So I immediately called xfinity. The lady on the phone gave me some great details about the 79.99 plan for Internet, TV and Voice. I expressed that I may not need the phone and asked what the other options were I was told that the double play was 89.99. So I said I'll take the triple play and she bagan to process my order. My husband decided we were going to stay at our new house sooner so I once again called xfinity and they said go to the local store to get set up immediately.That is exactly what I did. The wait was more than an hour and my children were beyond restless at this point because of the wait and they are toddlers. I explained to the clerk the situation she too said the triple play would be the best deal even if I did not use the phone and I agreed. I was told that the blast would still be an upgrade at $13 a month, I would have DVR, HBO, Starz and the channels my children watch all for 79.99 plus taxes and fees. She set it up and was having trouble bringing the internet information over to set up service at a new address. I signed a bunch of documents that she said she thoroughly explained to me. She also promised that I was going to save a lot of money (going from $165 for satellite and $65 for blast this was good new because I had lost my job the week before). I got my equipment, that I did not already have. I was on my way to get my new services self installed. Fast foreward a few months, because of all the chaos I only ever looked at the total on my bill and paid it. I decided to examine my bill. Well I was extremely furious that I have been paying more than double of what was discussed. I cannot get resolution from the store and have tried chatting multiple times and they dont seem to understand my problem. Today I chatted with a women who said she will get this all taken care of today. Set me up with the triple at 124.99, told me my boxes would be just fine so I did not need to go to the store to trade them in and with the new price came my equipment being included. Well this sounds awesome compared to what I have been paying verified the documents like I was told to do. Set up my stuff, and started reading the information. Well, it is 124.99 a month plus all those dumb fees they automatically charge, two boxes at 9.95, two charges for internet and voice, which I only need to be charged for one. So the bill ultimately comes out to what I have been over paying and now I am beyond because I thought this was over. I chatted in about 1.5 hours later to get the resolution for the issue that happened in november. It is June, this should not be an issue for this long. The solution I got from that agent was to remove all the features I need for my family to bring the price down to 99.99. That is not a solution. I explained to him that he is not understnading the whole problem that these services should be correctly done in November. Meaning that I have been overpaying by approximately $45 every month. That is 6 months of overpaying totaling $270, that I struggled to come up with because someone made a mistake and noone will rectify it. The agent once again stated that I did not sign up for that in November. I was about to disconnect the chat at this point because this agent is clearly not understanding. He offered supervisor and I accepted. Unfortunately I got the same response and was told that I have to pay the price that is on my account because there is no such offer of 79.99. So I am still at square one and just want this properly fixed. Someone PLEASE help!

Valued Contributor

Re: Overpaying for the wrong service and nothing is being done

I am not trying to be rude, but signing off on a package price, and then paying it for months and months, then wanting some type of refund because you state the agent quoted you different.. I don't think that is going to be done.
Regular Visitor

Yea, I signed off on package without seeing documentation first, I signed on a keypad kinda like you do when paying for a credit card. I did not wait until now to have this fixed. Between the time I signed up and realized it I had to have emergency surgery, had to take care of two kids and my husband who was temporarily disabled because of having major spine surgery. So this was NOT me being ignorant. I had a lot on my plate and which the clerk knew I was clearly frazzled because my kids were running around their store like nuts and a lot of other factors. So please do not give your opinion if you cannot relate. I have tried not to be THAT customer especially because I know what it is like. I just want it rectified. I have been trying since the week after I got services to figure out the DVR services because on my paperwork says that I should have it. The agent yesterday told me I do not, so I was also being charged for a service that I did not have. If this forum does not get the help and resolution that is needed I will be going straight to corporate. I'm sure they will help. Have a nice day!

Official Employee

Hi, Chowe1014 - I can check if we can get you the same deal you were originally quoted. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!