Community Forum

Overpaid alot

Regular Visitor

Overpaid alot

we overpaid by thousands and need to figure out the quickest way to get a refund. 800 number is telling us weeks, but how do we escalate?

Regular Visitor

Re: Overpaid alot

Okay, now they are telling me that it can take 72 hours just to process a fax? Is this customer service?

Expert

@OlyTodd wrote:

we overpaid by thousands and need to figure out the quickest way to get a refund. 800 number is telling us weeks, but how do we escalate?

It is really doubtful you'll get a refund for "thousands" in overpayments.  It is your responsibility to review your bill each month in order to catch any problems.  If you do find something you have up to 120 days to dispute any erroneous charges, and that is all that Comcast will usually refund - 4 months.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response. It was a one-time overpayment of just under $7,000 that we caught as soon as our bank cleared the check, using online banking to have our bank mail a check. Somehow we added two zeroes when filling in the payment info.

Expert

@OlyTodd wrote:

Thanks for the response. It was a one-time overpayment of just under $7,000 that we caught as soon as our bank cleared the check, using online banking to have our bank mail a check. Somehow we added two zeroes when filling in the payment info.

Yikes!  I can see where you'd want that refund - and quickly!  Unfortunate mistake, which I hope isn't impacting your bank balance too badly.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Whoops, I already DM'd a few. My mistake. I appreciate your responses thus far.

on edit: thanks for linking to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Private-Messaging/m-p/2936832#M154540, now i feel even worse for the unsolicited DMs.

Official Employee

OlyTodd, hey, thanks for posting on the forums. Sorry to hear about this error and your overpayment. I can imagine this has inspired quite a panic in your household, so I'll work with you to get more information on your refund and how quickly you can expect it. I've seen your private messages and will follow up with you there. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.