Community Forum

Overcharged for 3 cablecards that I do not own; refusing to credit me back

Frequent Visitor

Overcharged for 3 cablecards that I do not own; refusing to credit me back

I've been getting charged for 3 cablecards since at least January 2017. $7.45 per card x 3 = $22.35 per month x 23 months (at least), = $514.05.  Xfinity has told me that their "policy" is that they can only credit us back 4 months which equates to $89.40.  Leaving a balance owed me of at least $424.65. No one is able to provide me with a fair resolution. I  do not want to cancel my service but you are leaving me no acceptable alternative. 

Problem Solver

Re: Overcharged for 3 cablecards that I do not own; refusing to credit me back

Just goes to show that we should be examining our bills regularly for unknown charges.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

@robdam wrote:

I've been getting charged for 3 cablecards since at least January 2017. $7.45 per card x 3 = $22.35 per month x 23 months (at least), = $514.05.  Xfinity has told me that their "policy" is that they can only credit us back 4 months which equates to $89.40.  Leaving a balance owed me of at least $424.65. No one is able to provide me with a fair resolution. I  do not want to cancel my service but you are leaving me no acceptable alternative. 

It is your responsibility to notify Comcast for charges like this early on.  You have 120 days from the onset of an erroneous charge to dispute it.  What Comcast told you is correct - they will only reimburse you for four months.  Even if you're on Autopay, it is your responsibility to look over your bill every month in order to catch things like this in a timely fashion.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

robdam, thank you for reaching out on the forums.

I understand your concern and I'd be happy to go over the bill with you. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to review this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Edit: added information

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!