Community Forum

Overcharged. Long Term Customer. Needs immediate help before canceling tonight

Highlighted
New Poster

Overcharged. Long Term Customer. Needs immediate help before canceling tonight

I have been with Comcast/infinity for as long as I can remember. And the fact that 1. You treat new customers to discount pricing and treat long term employees like garbage. 2. Don’t have an English speaking person in your “loyalty dept” EVER is absolutely ABSURD. 3. Have no communication with your customers whatsoever so even when you are in the wrong. It’s still my fault. I’ve been charged $20 extra over for 4 months now.. because the non-promotional price I was guaranteed “expired” you want me to pay the extra charges. Bologna.
I can’t go into a store.. chat can’t help and calling is pointless as I can’t understand anyone who gets put on the line. I try to cancel and I get put on hold and transferred until I give up. Can ANYONE help?
PS. I’m not trying to be rude either. I just want a fair and decent price for internet and cable TV. I have kids that are just starting to understand Video games and I’m a stay at home mom that needs her sanity intact. Please.
Official Employee

Re: Overcharged. Long Term Customer EXTREMELY ANGRY

Hello MnMommy. We certainly value your business, opinions, and feedback. We appreciate all our customers, existing and new. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. If you would like, I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Overcharged. Long Term Customer. Needs immediate help before canceling tonight

Comcast has been providing me terrible speeds for 13 months. I've been on chat for 2 plus hours. The billing department cannot speak with technical support. I want my money back but they say that they don't have to live up to the contract because I never reported it. The billing department also won't admit that the comcast servers have logs.

New Poster

Re: Overcharged. Long Term Customer. Needs immediate help before canceling tonight

OMG the billing support team is not allowed to have phones. Are they in a sweat shop? I'm asking for $649.87 for the 27.7 mpbs of service over 13 months. They offered me $30. Ridiculous. 

They also just said that technical support can read the chats but they cannot communicate with technical support. I'm confused. Perhaps I'm as stupid as they imply. I got better service from dialup beeeeeeppppp

Expert

@katemcd913 wrote:

OMG the billing support team is not allowed to have phones. Are they in a sweat shop? I'm asking for $649.87 for the 27.7 mpbs of service over 13 months. They offered me $30. Ridiculous. 

They also just said that technical support can read the chats but they cannot communicate with technical support. I'm confused. Perhaps I'm as stupid as they imply. I got better service from dialup beeeeeeppppp

You won't get $649.87. 

Did you have someone out to check why you weren't getting the speed you were supposed to get?  If you have a modem and router did you connect your computer to the modem, bypassing the router, to check your speeds?

If you'd like help with your connection and speeds read the post here, then create a new post in Your Home Networking with the information requested.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!