Community Forum

Over used internet

New Poster

Over used internet

I received a calling saying I'm over my date usage and a extra $200 dollars will be added to my bill please pay now. I hung up and gave no info.
The number started 800266
Expert

Re: Over used internet

@Jrogers1994 wrote:
I received a calling saying I'm over my date usage and a extra $200 dollars will be added to my bill please pay now. I hung up and gave no info.
The number started 800266

If the number was 800-266-2278 that is the main Comcast phone number and they were calling to let you know that you had exceeded the data limit for the third time [the first two times we "gifts"].  For you to owe an extra $200 you must have really exceeded the 1TB limit.  Your bill will reflect that $200.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@Jrogers1994 wrote: I received a calling saying I'm over my date usage and a extra $200 dollars will be added to my bill please pay now. ...

If you are in an area with a data cap ( see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-plan ) they will charge extra for usage that exceeds 1024 GB if you haven't signed up for Unlimited service, but I've never heard of the "pay now by phone" angle. I think you are right to be cautious.

Official Employee

Greetings, Jrogers1994! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand not wanting to give information to a random call. I get those a lot myself lately, but not anything from Comcast. If you would like me to have a look into the account and take a look at the notifications I can certainly do that. Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, Jrogers1994. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.