Community Forum

Over 2 Months and Still No Refund

Regular Visitor

Over 2 Months and Still No Refund

I ordered xfinity internet service back in September 2017 and paid them $50 which was prompltly taken from my account.  It turned out they needed to run cable up to my house and that wasn't going to happen for several months.  So I cancelled.  It's now December and I've contacted Comcast/Xfinity 4 times now and I get a different answer each time.  

1st Call: Was told it was refunded on 10/2 but they sent the check to the wrong address.  We made the correction and was told I would receive a check.  Why can't they just credit it back?  

2nd Call: They didn't give an explanation but said they were sending a check. Liars.

3rd Call: They told me it was already credited back to my account.  I called my bank and they told me it was not but to get a trace number from them when I call which shows the post between comcast and them.  Lied to again.

4th Call: Asked for the trace number bcause I was told it was already refunded but was ignored on that request and was assured the refund will be credited back to my account within 3-5 business days.  It's now been 7.  More lies.

So once again I'm going to have to call during my work hours to try and get this resolved.  In fact that 4th call was during the day because I thought something would get done. But nope, just more comcast shenanigans.  

Edit: I've filed a complaint with the FCC.  Doubt I'll hear from anyone but we'll see.

Official Employee

Re: Over 2 Months and Still No Refund

Hi, CatherineD3 - Apologies for your experience, the latest note on the account as of 12/12 from the Escalation department states that refund has been issued back to your Visa card. I will follow up with you on Sunday to check the progress. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@CatherineD3 - Did you receive a refund on your card? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

that's riduculous
New Poster

I am sorry to hear this.....Comcast stole my money against my Chapter 13.....they have been lying every time I call, they are lying saying they sent a refund to my card
on the 22nd in which I have been waiting since dec. 4....this is so trifling....im just waiting on my attorney
Official Employee

Hello aterrell4, I can look into this for you and update you on the status of your refund. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?