Community Forum

Outstanding Disputed Bill

Regular Visitor

Outstanding Disputed Bill

We moved to another state over a year ago.  Where they don't have Comcast / Xfinity.  However, even prior to our move we had already switched Internet / TV providers months before.  All equipment has been returned.  I've talked with customer service and collections multiple times disputing the charges, get mixed messages every time.  I think they tried to indicate our service wasn't discontinued until April or May of 2017.  Service was cancelled and I'm sure internet activity can verify that we discontinued use in February 2017.  Our account was set up on autodraft until we changed services (to save money and get stronger internet that came to our neighborhood).  I thought this was resolved months ago and now we're getting collection calls again! How can we get this resolved???????

Expert

Re: Outstanding Disputed Bill

@hawgfanfamily wrote:

We moved to another state over a year ago.  Where they don't have Comcast / Xfinity.  However, even prior to our move we had already switched Internet / TV providers months before.  All equipment has been returned.  I've talked with customer service and collections multiple times disputing the charges, get mixed messages every time.  I think they tried to indicate our service wasn't discontinued until April or May of 2017.  Service was cancelled and I'm sure internet activity can verify that we discontinued use in February 2017.  Our account was set up on autodraft until we changed services (to save money and get stronger internet that came to our neighborhood).  I thought this was resolved months ago and now we're getting collection calls again! How can we get this resolved???????

Were you in a contract at the time you cancelled your services?  If so the charges are early termination fees since you couldn't transfer your service, and needs to be paid.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

We were not under contract.  Had been customers for more than 10 years.  

Official Employee

Hi, hawgfanfamily - Thank you for using our Xfinity Help & Support Forums. I can check your previous account if you send me your full name in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!