Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Outside wiring charges in my account

New Poster

Outside wiring charges in my account

I have internet issues on Oct and November month. Initially i thought these are all because of my Home/Personal WIFI router. I have changed the router and still see the same issues. dropping the conection all off a sudden and returned back after 5 or 10 mins.
I have called Customer care and they see some thing wrong in the wiring. they told me that one of the technician will visit to solve the issue. I have scheduled an oppiontment and waited for them.
The technical person visited my home and did not even see my modem and suggested me to change the modem. I thought of changing the personal modem as well. but i have called the customer care again for the issue. they told me that it is not an issue with Modem. they want some one from their technical team to fix the wiring.I requested her to put some notes to technical people so that they might see.
she told me that she has taken care of everything. the technical person came and removed all the old wire from building to my modem. he gave his number in case if i see the same issue. after he left the issue came again and i called the technical person but no response. finally i called, the customer care again, they told me that they have to send another technical person to investigate the issue. they have taken another week to schedule and came and suggested me to take their new modem for testing. they have installed the modem and with in an hour i have called them and updated that conneciton still drops.
they told me that the issue could be outside wiring. they have to replace the wiring at my building (Outside). they have scheduled with third party persons and replaced all the wiring. Now they suggested me to return the modem that they have given. i returned back the modem with in 10 business days of that they have kept.Fianlly all the issues have been solved.
I do not have 2 months internet. i have used my ATT 4G network for my office and as well my kids activity. I have paid so much of money to ATT for extra usage of Internet.
Now the Comcast has charged me Modem + Extra visit of Technical persons+ service charges (Internet, i really dont know what service has given these 2 months for broken wiring outside). I have chatted again with customer care and they did not see the notes saying that the issue is wiring (outside). they assuming that the issue at inside.
they have requested me to pay the bill.