Community Forum

Outside line cut - miss utlity had already been and marked

Highlighted
New Poster

Outside line cut - miss utlity had already been and marked

Yesterday (8th) a contractor laying a gas pipe cut through the outside cable. Miss Utility had already been through and marked, but clearly missed the Comcast cable. The contractor reported it through Miss Utility but also suggested I contact Comcast directly. I did so, carefully explaining it was the heavy duty external cable through the yard. They send a tech yesterday afternoon, unfortunately it was the wrong sort (inside only) and he couldn't help. He said he would report it back and that an external tech should be in the area and it should only take a few minutes to repair.

I called customer service back later in the day, they saw the ticket but said no date had been assigned. They assigned the date of today (9th) but gave no time slot as no-one needs to be home. 

This morning I got an email saying my 'new service' could take up to 14 days and then a further email saying 'your public utilities need to be marked'. I called back to customer service and explained it wasn't a new service, just a break... cable exposed, utilities already marked.. it just needed an outside tech to do what I was told was a simple repair. I have no confidence that this will actually happen. 

I'd be grateful for some timely and accurate help! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

Official Employee

Re: Outside line cut - miss utlity had already been and marked

Hi, dpendleton. Thanks for posting. The message you received after contacting us to repair the specific outside line is a default message that occurs when this type of special request order is scheduled. Chances are - prior to the survey team coming out, they will have already pre-determined that utility marking had previously been completed and will likely just send out the technician. However, it does depend on our record and the type of order created. I can pull up your account and add a notation (plus possibly open a request to our field/dispatch team reiterating the fact marking has already been completed) to help ensure everyone is on the same page. Please send me a private message with your name and I will reply from there with the next steps. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Sorry for the late reply... it got fixed after a ot of phone calls and a couple of days but was still had to call this morning and cancel the 'new line' installation.

I'll PM you if I have any further issues. Thanks again.

Official Employee

OK, dpendleton. That sounds good and you are very welcome. I'm glad to hear you've gotten it fixed and I appreciate you letting me know. Thank you much. I will be here if you need me, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!