Community Forum

Outside Wiring for New Construction

Regular Visitor

Outside Wiring for New Construction

We're building a house next door to our current place. It's rural, and will have an 850' run from the utility pole to the house.  We'll soon have an open trench for a short while, so it seems like we should lay the cable while that's open. 

Who pays for this?

How do I talk to Comcast about this project?

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Outside Wiring for New Construction

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thanks for your question. Drops of that length cannot be run, at least by Comcast. Have you checked with a local electrician to see if this can be done? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

So you don't have anyone with expertise to make recommendations about this, even if we have to pay to have the line installed by a contractor?

Official Employee

I may be able to have our construction team look at this. Can you provide me with your full name exactly as it is on your statement? Also, is there an address I can provide to them for the new location. You can provide this information to me via a private message of course. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Shane. I'll message you.