Community Forum

Outside Technician not coming to fix internet connection

New Poster

Outside Technician not coming to fix internet connection

Our internet went out on Friday, June 8th.  I called the automated system on June 9th to have a reset push through to our home.  On June 10th there was still no change, so I called Customer Support.  The Customer Support person told me that they could not troubleshoot my account because the system stopped them from doing so.  They also told me that there had been an open ticket since April for some sort of signal leakage.  I was not informed of any issues previous to this conversation.  They proceeded to tell me that an appointment had to be made for a technician to come and look at the equipment outside of my house and they did not have to come inside the house.  I asked why an appointment had to be made in the first place if the technician didn't have to come into my house.  They couldn't answer me.  They told me that a technician would be at my house the next day June 11th, between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.  By 9:30 p.m., when I didn't have any internet service, I called back Customer Service.  This Customer Service representative could not see in the system that I even had an appointment for that day and said that I have an appointment for the next day, June 12th, between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.  Later that day, around 3:30 p.m., when the service wasn't restored, I called again and was told that the appointment had been extended to 8:30 p.m.  I called back at 10:00 p.m.  Another representative told me that the appointment was pushed to the next day June 13th.  At that point, I requested to speak to a manager.  They told me that a manager was not available, but they would leave a message for one and they would call me back on the morning of June 13th between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.  Of course, I didn't receive a call.  On June 13th, I called Customer Service again at 3:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.  Both times I requested to speak with a manager, but could not get one on the phone.  The only thing that I know is that the so called division of Outside Service Technicians is not part of the regular technician pool and nobody can get in touch with them to find out when they are truly going to come to my house.  At this point, I am so frustrated that it feels like my internet is being held hostage and nobody wants to tell me the truth about what is going on.  It's a good thing we don't work from home, because we wouldn't have any service, but that shouldn't matter either because we pay for the service.  I just want this fixed.

Expert

Re: Outside Technician not coming to fix internet connection

Hi @SB24680,

You're getting some strange and conflicting information there. It sounds like you need just a regular tech to come and figure out what's happening with your connection. If the premise tech can't resolve the issue, then they would be the ones to escalate it as needed. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Outside Technician not coming to fix internet connection

Hi SB24680. I can assist with getting a technician visit scheduled for you, so we can get your service issue resolved. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.