Community Forum

Outside Cable Lines snagged on broken tree limb

New Poster

Outside Cable Lines snagged on broken tree limb

In my yard, a tree limb had started to break and is fallen across the wires that stretch from my house to the utility pole. If the tree limb moves or breaks completely it will either rip the wires out of my fouse or out of the utility pole.

I have called 1-800-XFINITY twice, and twice been promised that a technician will call me and so far I have received no call.

Who do I contact to take care of this problem?

Thanks

Steve W

Baltimore, MD

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Outside Cable Lines snagged on broken tree limb

If its on your property, it is your responsibility to remove the tree limb.

Expert

Just to expand a little bit on barbie123's reply, Comcast is not responsible for tree limb removal.  You'll need to call a tree removal service in order to have that safely removed.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Admin1

Hi StevenW3519 -- The information shared by barbie123 and Again is correct. We do not do tree removal and would not be able to help with this limb. We would be able to help with line repair if this limb does fall and damages them, disconnects them, or both. 

Regular Visitor

What about if the tree has invaded the easement and is endangering trunk lines?

I have no problem dealing with the trees that are on my property, but once they grow into the easement I cant touch them.  

Expert

xaldx wrote:

What about if the tree has invaded the easement and is endangering trunk lines?

I have no problem dealing with the trees that are on my property, but once they grow into the easement I cant touch them.  

Call your local city government and ask them.  If the tree is planted in the easement they would know how to take care of it.  If the tree is planted in your yard and limbs are hanging over the easement it is your responsibility.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.