Community Forum

Outside Cable Box Needs Repair!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Outside Cable Box Needs Repair!

I had my internet service setup at my new condominium last month. I live in a building with 8 units. When the technician installed the service, he had to go outside and do something with the large outside cable box for the entire building. When he took the half on cover he said right away that it needed to be repaired or replaced. He said he was going to put in a ticket to have this done. 6 weeks later, no repair has been done. My fear is that the next big storm is going to take this thing out. I tried calling 1-800-COMCAST. The automated system is impossible to use to report this type of repair is needed. I’m hoping someone that works for Xfinity on this forum can help me and my fellow condominium owners so our service isn’t interrupted. Help please!
C2EBD1DD-77DE-4EE5-A8D1-98B4AF788488.jpeg
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Outside Cable Box Needs Repair!

Hello, thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can help submit a ticket to the local team to help repair/replace our pedestal.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. Forgive my ignorance, but exactly how do I send you a "private message"? I don't see any way to do so. Thanks again.

Roger

Highlighted
Expert

You wiil find an envelope up by the bell and your Avatar (upper right) of the reply message window here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much. I sent a private message yesterday. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for Customer Service to create this ticket and send someone out to make this repair before it get's damaged by a storm or the mowing people hit it and everyone in my building loses cable/internet.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@FriendOfJah wrote:

Thanks so much. I sent a private message yesterday. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for Customer Service to create this ticket and send someone out to make this repair before it get's damaged by a storm or the mowing people hit it and everyone in my building loses cable/internet.

Hey @FriendOfJah

We apologie for the delayed reply. I've just picked up your private message and will be replying shortly so we can get this taken care of. We appreciate your patience. Chat with you soon!  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.