Community Forum

Outside Box Dimensions

New Poster

Outside Box Dimensions

Hey,

We are scheduled to have a technician come out and install service to our house for the first time. It is new construction, so they will be installing an outside box on the side our our house. My wife works in constructions and has indicated that anchoring the box directly into our Hardie siding will void the warranty, so we are wanting to have a contractor come out and properly setup a backing board to install to so as to avoid the problem. As such I was trying to figure out how I could find out the dimensions of the box prior to installations so we can prepare the location appropriately. Any help would be appreciated. An alternative would be to simply install our own (empty) box and have Comcast use it, but I'm not sure if that would be OK and again what size to use.

Thanks!

Expert

Re: Outside Box Dimensions

The security boxes aren't standard sizes, the tech will use whatever brand/size they have available. The tech will be happy to use your enclosure (bigger is better). Make sure it is located near your electrical meter.

PS: They are technically called "Coax Demarcation Enclosures" if you want to shop online.

I am not an employee.
New Poster

Thanks! I'll go ahead and install one then.

Official Employee

Areson -- Do you need any further assistance?